Estimation of Sea Ice Drift on the Sea of Okhotsk Shelves Based on Satellite Data
The features of sea ice drift in the Sea ofOkhotsk are studied using Terra and Aqua satellite MODIS spectroradiometer data. The spatial heterogeneity of sea ice drift in the areas of hydrocarbon fields on the Magadan and Sakhalin shelves is analyzed.
KeywordsSea of Okhotsk ice cover sea ice drift MODIS spectroradiometer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Astaf’ev, G. A. Surkov, and P. A. Truskov, Ice Hummocks and Stamukhas in the Sea of Okhotsk (Progress-Pogoda, St. Petersburg, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Bogdanovskii, S. I. Rybalko, and I. A. Arshinov, “A Parametric Model of Sea Ice Drift for the Eastern Shelf of Sakhalin,” Sbornik Statei REA, No. 1 (2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.E. N. Kalinin, Studies of Sea Ice Drift on the Northeastern Shelf of Sakhalin Island, Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis (Vladivostok, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Kovshov and Yu. N. Sinyurin, “Permanent Open Areas in the Ice Cover in Open Regions of the Sea of Okhotsk,” Meteorol. Gidrol., No. 11 (1982) [Sov. Meteorol. Hydrol., No. 11 (1982)].Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Plotnikov, L. I. Mezentseva, and V. A. Dubina, Atmospheric Circulation over the Far East and Its Influence of Ice Processes (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Tambovskii, V. F. Putov, G. V. Shevchenko, and E. A. Tikhonchuk, “Morphometry and Dynamics of Sea Ice on the Northeastern Shelf of Sakhalin Isiand,” in Nature Protection, Monitoring, and Development of the Sakhalin Shelf (Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.E. A. Tikhonchuk, G. V. Shevchenko, and E. N. Morozov, “Tide-induced Ice Cover Deformation off the Northeastern Coast of Sakhalin Island,” in Dynamic Processes on the Shelf of Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands, Ed. by G. V. Shevchenko (Institute of Marine Geology and Geophysics, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar