Application of the vector-pulse method to starting an alternating-current motor
- 46 Downloads
A soft-start method for induction and synchronous motors is considered. The method is based on pulse switching of the motor stator to the supply network at the moments at which the stator- and rotor-flux linkage vectors produce positive electromagnetic torque. A wiring diagram of the experimental soft-start device, its operation algorithm, and experimental outcomes are presented.
Keywordsasynchronous motor synchronous motor starting method vector-impulse control experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andryushchenko, O.A. and Kapinos, L.P., Tiristornye preobrazovateli napryazheniya dlya asinkhronnogo elektroprivoda (Tyristor Voltage Transducers for AC Electric Drive), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Baskov, S.N., Usatyi, D.Yu., and Radionov, A.A., Start-up device for AC induction electric motor with vector-pulse control, Tr. IV Mezhdun. (XV Vserossiiskoi) konf. po avtomatizirovannomu elektroprivodu “Avtomatizirovannyi elektroprivod v XXI veke: puti razvitiya” (Proc. 4th Int. (15th All-Russian) Conf. on Automated Electric Drive “Automated Electric Drive in 21st Century: the Ways to Develop”), Magnitogorsk, 2004, part 1, pp. 343–346.Google Scholar
- 3.Baskov, S.N., Usatyi, D.Yu., and Radionov, A.A., The way to start-up AC motor in electric drives with arisen starting torque, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Elektromekhan., 2004, no. 2, pp. 47–49.Google Scholar
- 4.Radionov, A.A., Malakhov, O.S., Baskov, S.N., Konkov, A.S., and Davydkin, M.S., The design features of the conveners for synchronous motor vector-pulsed launch control, Proc. 8th Region Int. Conf. on Computational Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering SIBIRCON-2010, Irkutsk, 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.Kon’kov, A.S. and Baskov, S.N., Combined way for start-up AC motors, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektromekh., 2011, no. 4, pp. 74–77.Google Scholar
- 6.Baskov, S.N., Davydkin, M.N., and Kon’kov, A.S., A device for soft start of high-voltage synchronous motor with vector-pulse control, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ. Tekhn. Nauki, 2010, no. 3, part 3, pp. 144–149.Google Scholar