Studying the Harmlessness of Antimicrobial Drug Triolact for White Rats
- 4 Downloads
The aim of the research was to study the effect of the complex antimicrobial drug Triolact on blood’s morphological and biochemical parameters in white rats in a subacute toxicity experiment. It was shown that threshold dose was 500.0 mg/kg, while highest no-effect dose was 100.0 mg/kg. Triolact did not have a negative effect on the clinical status, biochemistry, or blood cell morphology after 14 days of repeated intragastric administration of 100.0 mg/kg or 250.0 mg/kg either during the application of the drug or in the recovery period. The changes caused by the dose of 500.0 mg/kg were reversible. Increase in α-globulin, creatinine, and urea levels were 6.9, 22.9, and 15.1% respectively, but these indicators in test animals returned to normal within the 10 days of the recovery period. It can be concluded that the determination of the toxic dose in the performed experiments failed with consideration for the morphometric analysis, macro- and microscopic examination of organs, and morphology and biochemistry of blood.
Keywords:triolact white rats harmlessness subacute toxicity blood morphology and biochemistry
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Artem’eva, O.A., Nikanova, D.A., Kotkovskaya, E.N., Gladyr’, E.A., Dotsev, A.V., and Zinov’eva, N.A., Antibiotic resistance of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from milk of highly productive cows, S-kh.Biol., 2016, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 867–874.Google Scholar
- 2.Sankar, P., New therapeutic strategies to control and treatment of bovine mastitis, Vet. Med. Open J., 2016, no. 1, pp. 7–8.Google Scholar
- 4.Klimov, N.T., Zimnikov, V.I., Erin, D.A., Pashentsev, A.V., Manzhurina, O.A., Parkhomenko, Yu.S., Chernyshova, I.S., and Tyurina, E.V., The problem of mastitis in cows and improving the quality of milk, Molochn. Prom-st., 2018, no. 7, pp. 68–70.Google Scholar
- 5.Klimov, N.T., Parshin, P.A., Zimnikov, V.I., Erin, D.A., Manzhurina, O.A., and Chernyshova, I.S., Prediction of the outcome of subclinical mastitis in lactating cows, Vet. Patol., 2018, no. 3, pp. 24–28.Google Scholar
- 6.Hossain, M.K., Paul, S., Hossain, M.M., Islam, M.R., and Alam, M.D.S., Bovine mastitis and its therapeutic strategy doing antibiotic sensitivity test, Austin J. Vet. Sci. Anim. Husb., 2017, no. 4, pp. 1030–1042.Google Scholar
- 7.Loskutova, I.V., Shchannikova, M.P., Fursova, K.K., Shepelyakovskaya, A.O., Artem’eva, O.A., Nikanova, D.A., Zinov’eva, N.A., and Brovko, F.A., Detection of antibodies specific for Staphylococcus enterotoxins in blood serum and colostrum of cows, S-kh.Biol., 2017, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1273–1278.Google Scholar
- 8.Shahab Jamaran and Bahareh Rahimian Zarif, Synergistic effect of silver nanoparticles with neomycin or gentamicin antibiotics on mastitis-causing Staphylococcus aureus,Open J. Ecol., 2016, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 452–459.Google Scholar
- 9.Ivanyutin, V.A. and Nedorezov, V.L., Preclinical studies of drugs, Tr. Beloruss. Gos. Univ., 2010, no. 5, pp. 291–295.Google Scholar
- 10.Lopatin, P.V., Bioetika (Bioethics), Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2006.Google Scholar
- 11.Men’shikova, L.A., Pechenkina, I.G., and Bereza, N.S., Features of preclinical studies of innovative drugs (short communication), Razrab. Regist. Lek. Sredstv, 2013, no. 2, pp. 62–65.Google Scholar
- 12.Fiziologicheskie, biokhimicheskie i biometricheskie pokazateli normy eksperimental’nykh zhivotnykh: Spravochnik (Physiological, Biochemical, and Biometric Indicators in Healthy Experimental Animals: Handbook), Makarov, V.G. and Makarova, M.N., Eds., St. Petersburg: LEMA, 2013.Google Scholar
- 13.Mironov, A.N., Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklinicheskikh issledovanii lekarstvennykh sredstv. Chast’ pervaya (Guidelines for Preclinical Studies of Drugs. Part One), Moscow: Grif i K, 2012.Google Scholar
- 14.Vostroilova, G.A., Korchagina, A.A., Bryukhova, I.V., Grigor’eva, N.A., and Kantorovich, Yu.A., The toxicity parameters of the complex drug triolact in acute experiment, Vet. Farmakol. Vestn., 2018, no. 2, pp. 25–29.Google Scholar