Reproduction of shallot virus X in absence of its own active suppressor protein of RNA silencing
- 36 Downloads
By means of an agrobacterial transient expressing system, it was determined that proteins that are encoded by open reading frames 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in the genome of Shallot virus X do not have the function of local RNA silencing suppression.
KeywordsRNA interference Shallot virus X viral suppressor proteins
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Allexivirus in ICTVdB-The Universal Virus Database, v. 4, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.Kanyuka, K.V., Vishnichenko, V.K., Levay, K.K, Kondrikov, D.Yu., Ryabov, E.V., and Zavriev, S.K., Nucleotide sequence of shallot virus X RNA reveals a 5′-proximal cistron closely related to those of potexviruses and a unique arrangement of the 3′-proximal cistrons, J. Gen. Virol., 1992, vol. 73, pp. 2553–2560.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Senshu, H., Yamaji, Y., Minato, N., Shiraishi, T., Maejima, K., Hashimoto, M., Miura, C., Neriya Y., and Namba, S., A dual strategy for the suppression of host antiviral silencing: two distinct suppressors for viral replication and viral movement encoded by potato virus M, J. Virol., 2011, vol. 85, pp. 10269–10278.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Majumder, S., Arya, M., Pant, R.E., and Baranwal, V.K., Shallot virus X in Indian shallot, a new virus report for India, New Dis. Rep., 2007, vol. 15, p. 52.Google Scholar
- 11.Yelina, N.E., Erokhina, T.N., Lukhovitskaya, N.I., Minina, E.A., Schepetilnikov, M.K., Lesemann, D.E., Schiemann, J., Solovyev, A.G., and Morozov, S.Y., Localization of Poa semilatent virus cysteine-rich protein in peroxisome is dispensable for its ability to suppress RNA silencing, J. Gen Virol., 2005, vol. 86, pp. 479–489.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Bos, L., Viruses and virus diseases of Allium species, Acta Hortic., 1983, vol. 127, pp. 11–29.Google Scholar