Some Specific Features in the Formation of Pressure in Sliding Bearing Clearance
Results of theoretical and experimental studies of the pressure distribution in the sliding bearing clearance are presented considering the influence of dissipative processes. The results obtained allow a more accurate description of special features in the formation of pressure in sliding bearing clearance that cannot be taken into account within the framework of the traditional approach based on the Navier–Stokes equation. The theoretical data are supported by the results of pressure distribution measurement in the clearance between the cylindrical racer of the bearing and the shaft fixed in it.
Keywords:sliding bearing theory of lubrication pressure distribution dissipative processes temperature dependence
- 2.Slezkin, N.A., Dinamika vyazkoi neszhimaemoi zhidkosti (Dynamics of Viscous Noncompressible Liquid), Moscow: Gos. Izd. Tekh.-Teor. Lit., 1955.Google Scholar
- 3.Podol’skii, M.E., Upornye podshipniki skol’zheniya: Teoriya i raschet (Fixed Sliding Bearings: Theory and Calculations), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.Reiner, M., Rheology, in Encyclopedia of Physics, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1958, vol. 6.Google Scholar
- 5.Bubnov, V.A., Reiner’s effect, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 1976, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 104–108.Google Scholar
- 6.Tyutyuma, V.D., Conceptual theory of viscous flows of compressible media, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 2012, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 333–335.Google Scholar