The Influence of Metal Cations of Mechanoactivated Bentonite on Tribochemical Processes in PTFE
The influence of metals of a bentonite composition on the processes of frictional interaction and tribotechnical properties of PTFE as a result of their preliminary mechanoactivation was studied. It is shown that mechanical activation liberates cations from octahedral layers of layered silicate. The formation of tribo-oxidation products and the influence of metals on tribochemical reactions have been shown and substantiated by IR spectroscopy. A correlation was obtained between the composition of the cations, the products of tribo-oxidation, and the wear resistance of composites.
Keywords:polytetrafluoroethylene layered silicate bentonite mechanoactivation IR spectroscopy tribochemistry tribocioxidation products wear resistance
This work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation under the State Task no. 11.1557.2017/4.6.
- 1.Belyi, V.A., Sviridenok, A.I., Petrokovets, M.I., and Savkin, V.G., Trenie i iznos materialov na osnove polimerov (Friction and Wear of Materials Based on Polymers), Minsk: Nauka i Tekhnika, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Ventsel’, E.S., Self-adaptation of tribological joints to operational conditions, Vestn. Khar’k. Nats. Avtomob.-Dorozhn. Univ., 2015, no. 68, pp. 25–29.Google Scholar
- 5.Bulakh, A.G., Obshchaya mineralogiya: Uchebnik (General Mineralogy: Manual), St. Petersburg: S.‑Peterb. Gos. Univ., 1999, 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 6.Lapteva, E.S., Yusupov, T.S., and Berger, A.S., Physical-chemical changes of layered silicates during mechanical activation, Tr. Inst. Geol. Geofiz., Sib. Otd., Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1981, no. 493, p. 88.Google Scholar
- 9.Morrison, R.T. and Boyd, R.N., Study Guide to Organic Chemistry, Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon, 1967, 3rd ed.Google Scholar
- 10.Heinicke, G., Tribochemistry, Münich: Hanser Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.Okhlopkova, A.A., Creation of triboengineering materials based on polytetrafluoroethylene and ultrafine ceramics, Doctoral (Eng.) Dissertation, Gomel, 2000.Google Scholar
- 12.Subocheva, M.Yu., Liksutina, A.P., Kolmakova, M.A., and Degtyarev, A.A., Khimicheskaya tekhnologiya organicheskikh veshchestv: uchebnoe posobie (Chemical Technology of Organic Substances: Manual), Tambov: Tambovsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2009, part 3.Google Scholar