Influence of the Demineralization of Naturally Oxidized Coal on Sorbent Texture
- 12 Downloads
The influence of preliminary demineralization of coal by aqueous solutions of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid on the texture of sorbents produced by thermolysis in the presence of potassium hydroxide is investigated (when the mass ratio of the KOH and the coal is 2.0). The results show that successive treatment of coal with 10% hydrochloric and 10% hydrofluoric acid decreases the coal’s ash content to a residual value of about 0.6%. In thermolysis, a sorbent with an ash content of 1.5% is obtained on thermolysis. In comparison with sorbent from untreated coal, the sorbent from the demineralized coal is characterized by higher specific surface and total pore volume. In the treated coal, more than 70% of the pore space consists of micropores.
Keywords:oxidized coal carbon sorbents pore structure
Financial support was provided by the Russian Ministry of Education (contract identifier RFMEFI61317X0079), within the framework of the federal program for priority research in Russia between 2014 and 2020.
- 1.Mukhin, V.M. and Klushin, V.N., Proizvodstvo i primenenie uglerodnykh sorbentov (Production and Application of Carbon Sorbents), Moscow: Ross. Khim.-Tekhnol. Univ. Im. D.I. Mendeleeva, 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Fenelonov, V.B., Vvedenie v fizicheskuyu khimiyu formirovaniya supramolekulyarnoi struktury adsorbentov i katalizatorov (Introduction to Physical Chemistry of the Formation of Supramolecular Structure of Adsorbents and Catalysts), Novosibirsk: Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Gyul’maliev, A.M., Golovin, G.S., and Gladun, T.G., Teoreticheskie osnovy khimii uglya (Theory of Coal Chemistry), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Gorn. Univ., 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Kozlov, A.P., Zykov, I.Yu., Dudnikova, Yu.N., et al., Synthesis of carbon sorbents from naturally oxidized Barzas coal impregnated with potassium hydroxide, Vestn. Kuzbask. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2017, no. 4, pp. 170–175.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuznetsov, P.N., Kuznetsova, L.I., Kolesnikova, S.M., et al., Effect of the composition of the initial material and the production method of carbon sorbents on their texture characteristics and sorption activity, Khim. Tekhnol., 2008, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 526–531.Google Scholar
- 11.Mukhin, V.M., Zubova, I.D., Chumakov, V.P., and Zubova, I.N., RF Patent 2359903, 2009.Google Scholar
- 12.Shpirt, M.Ya., Kler, V.R., and Pertsikov, I.Z., Neorganicheskie komponenty tverdykh topliv (Inorganic Components of Solid Fuels), Moscow: Khimiya, 1990.Google Scholar
- 13.Vorob’ev, A.E. and Mozol’kova, A.V., Mineral inclusions of coal seams: original forms and basic methods of dissolution, Gorn. Inf.-Anal. Byull., 2007, no. 3, pp. 141–148.Google Scholar
- 14.Kuznetsov, B.N., Kataliz khimicheskikh prevrashchenii uglya i biomassy (Catalysis of Chemical Transformations of Coal and Biomass), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1990.Google Scholar