Tar Produced in the Coking of Rammed Batch
The yield of tar and its properties in the coking of rammed batch is of particular interest in the light of the broader adoption of this technology. In laboratory reactors, the tar yield from rammed batch is lower than for unrammed batch. However, in industrial furnaces, the tar obtained in the coking of rammed batch is characterized by lower levels of pyrolysis. It is evident from analysis of the tar’s quality, viscosity, and group composition and also from granulometric analysis of the quinoline-insoluble components that the primary destruction products of the thermochemical processes in the coking of rammed batch react with the solid and liquid phases.
Keywordsrammed coal batch loosely packed batch primary tar tar pyrolysis group composition quinoline- insoluble components granulometric composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Madias, J. and Gordova, M., A review on stamped charging of coals, 43rd Ironmaking and Raw Materials Seminar, 12th Brazilian Symp. on Iron Ore and 1st Brazilian Symp. on Agglomeration of Iron Ore, September 1–4, 2013, Belo Horizonte, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.Romanyuk, I.V. and Sikan, I.I., A look to the future through the history—80 years of ArcelorMittal Krivoi Rog coke-chemical company, Uglekhim. Zh., 2016, nos. 3–4, pp. 4–11.Google Scholar
- 3.Tata Steel commissions coke oven battery No 10 and by-product plant March 3, 2013. http://www.tata.com/article.aspx?artid=np/LE04mlXk=.Google Scholar
- 4.Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po planirovaniyu ob”emov proizvodstva osnovnykh vidov produktsii na koksokhimicheskikh predpriyatiyakh Ukrainy. Utverzhdeny UNPA Ukrkoks ot 24.05.02 (Methodological Recommendations for Planning of Production Capacity of General Types of Products at the Coke Chemical Plants of Ukraine Approved by Ukrkoks Ukrainian Scientific-Industrial Association on May 24, 2002), Dnepropetrovsk: Ukrkoks, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuznichenko, V.M., Specific thermochemical transformations during coking of a tamped coal charge, Uglekhim. Zh., 2010, nos. 3–4, pp. 66–72.Google Scholar
- 7.Aronov, S.G., Ispol’zovanie donetskikh gazovykh i dlinnoplamennykh uglei dlya koksovaniya. Teoriya i praktika (Use of Donetsk Gas and Long-Flame Coals for Coking: Theory and Practice), Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1949.Google Scholar
- 8.Litvinenko, V.I., Ievlev, V.V., and Grishaev, V.V., Crushing of the solid phase of sludges and determination of its sieve composition, in Voprosy tekhnologii ulavlivaniya i pererabotki produktov koksovaniya (Technologies of Capture and Processing of Coking Products), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1974, pp. 137–140.Google Scholar
- 9.Privalov, V.E. and Stepanenko, M.A., Kamennougol’nyi pek. Proizvodstvo, pererabotka, primenenie (Coal Pitch: Production, Processing, and Use), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.Gryaznov, N.S., Piroliz uglei v protsesse koksovaniya (Coal Pyrolysis during Coking), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.Gogoleva, T.Ya. and Shustikov, V.I., Khimiya i tekhnologiya pererabotki kamennougol’noi smoly (Chemistry and Processing of Coal Tar), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1992.Google Scholar