LES of Laser Initiation of Combustion of Gaseous Fuel-Air Mixture
Large Eddy Simulation has been carried out to understand the laser initiation of combustion of lean hydrogen-air mixture in homogeneous isotropic turbulence. Initially, the blast wave from the breakdown zone sweeps out most the mixture surrounding the hot core zone at high velocity preventing formation of burning zone. The combustion initiates only if the core zone contains enough heat to sustain a steady flame thereafter.
KeywordsLES laser induced ignition blast wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. P. Singh, U. P. Padhi, H. Tummalapalli, and R. Joarder, in Proceedings of the 11 th Asia-Pacific Conference on Combustion, The University of Sydney, NSW Australia, 10th–14th December (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Knight, G. Zhou, N. Okong’o, and V. Shukla, AIAA 98–0535 (1998).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Ansari and W. Z. Strang, AIAA 96–0684 (1996).Google Scholar
- 17.W. Deconinck, Masters Thesis (University of Toronto, 2008).Google Scholar
- 19.I. Dors, C. Parigger, and J. Lewis, AlAA 2000–0717 (2000).Google Scholar