Numerical Simulation Optimization of Selective Heating of Blood Vessels in “Port-Wine Stains” under Laser Irradiation in Various Modes
- 21 Downloads
Numerical simulation of blood vessel heating is used to select the most efficient and safe methods of laser treatment of “port-wine stains”. Selective heating under radiation is calculated for a 980-nm diode laser, a Nd:YAG laser, a copper vapor laser (CVL), and a pulsed dye laser (PDL). The energy exposure range (fluence), the diameter and depth of vessels, at which their selective heating to the coagulation temperature is possible, are determined.
Keywordscopper vapor laser pulsed dye laser port-wine stains laser therapy vascular malformations selective vessel heating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. M. Selim et al., Dermatol. Surg. 30, 892 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.A. E. Pushkareva, I. V. Ponomarev, A. A. Isaev, and S. V. Klyuchareva, Laser Phys. 28, 1 (2018).Google Scholar
- 8.Optical-Thermal Response of Laser-Irradiated Tissue. Ed. by A. J. Welch and M. J. C. van Gemert (Plenum Press, N.Y., 1995).Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Takata, L. Zaneveld, and W. Richter, Report SAM-TR-77-38 (Brooks Air Force Base, TX: US Air Force School of AerospaceMedicine, 1977).Google Scholar
- 12.K. M. Sekins and A. F. Emery, in Therapeutic Heat and Cold. Ed. by J. F. Lehmann (Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore/London, 1982).Google Scholar