Irreproducibility of acoustic emission under cyclic irradiation of solids by an infrared laser pulse
- 18 Downloads
Acoustic emission (AE) caused by a stress wave in solid material samples with various thermophysical properties, i.e., copper, aluminum, and glass upon exposure to СO2 laser pulses is studied. It is found that the general AE picture (the AE signal arrival time, its amplitude, and others) is not reproduced during repeated experiments following one after another, which indicates irreversible local changes occurred in the material structure. The effect of the critical material energy density on the AE pattern during the laser exposure is demonstrated.
Keywordslaser pulse copper aluminum glass acoustic emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Lyakhovitskii, M. A. Pokrasin, V. V. Roschupkin, et al., Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 40, 396 (2008) [High Temp. 46, 357 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 2.W. Ben Khalifa, K. Jessine, et al., Acoust. Emiss. 30, 137 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Bulanov, I. G. Nagornyi, E. V. Sosedko, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 83(8), 117 (2013) [Tech. Phys. 58, 1201 (2013)].Google Scholar
- 4.S. D. Zotov, A. A.Lebedev, E. N. Lotkova, and M.M. Lyakhovitskii, Inzhenernaya Fizika, No. 7, 3 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.S. D. Zotov, A. A. Kuznetsov, and A. A. Lebedev, Inzhenernaya Fizika, No. 10, 26 (2015).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Grigoryants and A. A. Sokolov, Laser Processing of Non-Metal Materials, Vol. 4 (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. Yu. Protasov and T. S. Shchepanyuk, Vestnik MGTU imeni N.E. Baumana, Ser. Estestvennye Nauki, No. 4, 46 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Babichev et al., Physical Quantities: Handbook (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Greshnikov and Yu. B. Drobot, Acoustic Emission (Izd. Standartov, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar