The use of Higgs boson production process for optimization of hadron calorimeter segmentation
- 13 Downloads
A new approach to the determination of the optimum transverse segmentation of the hadron calorimeter using the Higgs boson production process via the vector boson fusion mechanism is considered. Monte Carlo simulation results are presented for the hadron calorimeter which will be installed after the modernization of 2023 in the Compact Muon Superdetector collaboration at the Large Hadron Collider of the CERN.
Keywordshadron calorimeter Monte Carlo simulation hadronic jets Higgs boson
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CMS Collaboration, “The Compact Muon Solenoid. Phase II Upgrade. Technical Proposal,” CERN-LHCC-2015-010, 1 June 2015, https://cds.cern.ch/record/2020886.Google Scholar
- 4.CMS Collaboration, “Projected Performance of an Upgraded CMS Detector at the LHC and HL-LHC: Contribution to the Snowmass Process,” arXiv:1307.7135, 27 Sep 2013.Google Scholar
- 5.CMS Collaboration, “Pileup Jet Identification”, CMS-PAS-JME-13-005, 17 October 2013, https://cds.cern.ch/record/1581583/files/JME-13-005-pas.pdf.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Beaudette (the CMS Collaboration), “The CMS Particle Flow Algorithm”, arXiv:1401.8155, 31 Jan 2014.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Andreev et al., “Optimization of HECalorimeter Segmentation for Stage 2CMSUpgrade,” in 18th Annual RDMS CMS Collaboration Conference, 24-29 August, 2015, Varna, Bulgaria, http://rdms2015.jinr.ru/.Google Scholar