Physical foundations and fields of practical application of explosive welding of metals
- 459 Downloads
Main kinematic and energy-related aspects of the formation of two-layer and multilayer joints upon explosive welding of metals are considered; the principal characteristic regions of this process are shown; the critical energy boundaries depending on the Astrov criterion have been established. The kinematics of plastic flow of metal in the heat-affected zone upon explosive welding under various regimes of collision has been studied; the energy balance in the system of collided plates has been analyzed. A new parameter for characterizing the process of explosive welding has been suggested, namely, the magnitude of a deforming pressure momentum. A mathematical model that describes the process of the acceleration and interaction of metallic plates in a multilayer packet upon welding with a simultaneous cladding scheme is presented. The main fields of practical application of layered composite materials produced by explosive welding are shown.
KeywordsWelding Impact Velocity Acceleration Curve Explosion Welding Interlayer Boundary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lysak, V.I. and Kuz’min, S.V., Svarka vzryvom (Explosion Welding), Moscow: Mashinostroenie-1, 2005 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Lysak, V.I. and Kuzmin, S.V., Explosive Welding of Metal Layered Composite Materials, Paton, B.E. Ed., Kiev: Paton Electric Welding Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Chugunov, E.A. Kuz’min, S.V., Lysak, V.I., and Peev, A.P., Fiz. Khim. Obrab. Mater., 2001, no. 3, pp. 39–44.Google Scholar
- 4.Kobelev, A.G., Chernyshev, V.N., Lysak, V.I., et al., Materialovedenie i tekhnologiya kompozitsionnykh materialov (Materials Science and Technology of Composite Materials), Moscow: Intermet Inzhiniring, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuz’min, S.V. Lysal, V.I., and Starikov, D.V., Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., 1994, No. 5, pp. 173–175.Google Scholar