Darboux System as Three-Dimensional Analog of Liouville Equation
- 20 Downloads
We discuss the problems of the connections of the modern theory of integrability and the corresponding overdetermined linear systems with works of geometers of the late nineteenth century. One of these questions is the generalization of the theory of Darboux–Laplace transforms for second-order equations with two independent variables to the case of three-dimensional linear hyperbolic equations of the third order. In this paper we construct examples of such transformations. We consider applications to the problem of orthogonal curvilinear coordinate systems in ℝ3.
KeywordsDarboux system integrable systems Goursat problem third-order hyperbolic equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Dubrovin, B. A., Novikov, S. P. “Hydrodynamics ofWeaklyDeformedSoliton Lattices”, Differential geometry and Hamiltonian theory. Russ. Math. Surv. 44, No. 6, 35–124 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.Eisenhart L.P. A treatise on the differential geometry of curves and surfaces (Kessinger Publ., LLC, 2010).Google Scholar
- 7.Zhegalov, V. I., Mironov, A. I. Differential Equations With Higher Partial Derivatives (Kazan, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Dubrovin, B. A., Matveev, V. B. and Novikov, S.P. “Nonlinear Equations of Korteweg-de Vries Type, Finite- Band Linear Operators and Abelian Varieties”, Usp.Mat. Nauk 31, No. 1, 55–136 (1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Pogrebkov, A. K. “Symmetries of the Hirota Difference Equation”, SIGMA 13 (2017), 053, 14 pages; https://doi.org/10.3842/SIGMA.2017.053Google Scholar