Effect of the high doze of N+(1018 cm–2) ions implantation into the (TiHfZrVNbTa)N nanostructured coating on its microstructure, elemental and phase compositions, and physico-mechanical properties
- 24 Downloads
Structure and properties of (TiHfZrVNbTa)N nanostructured multicomponent coatings implanted with a very high (1018 cm–2) dose of N+ions have been studied. As a result of the implantation a multilayer structure has been formed in the surface layer of the coating. The structure is composed of amorphous, nanocrystalline (disperse) and nanostructured (with the initial sizes) nanolayers. In the depth of the coating two phases (with the fcc and hcp structures) having a small volume content are formed. The nitrogen concentration near the surface attains 90 at % and then decreases with the depth. In the initial state after the deposition the coating nanohardness values are from 27 to 34 GPa depending on the conditions of the deposition. As a result of the implantation the hardness is decreased approximately by the depth of the projective ions range, i.e., to 12 GPa and then increases with the depth to 23 GPa. The investigations were conducted using the Rutherford backscattering, scanning electron microscopy with the microanalysis, high resolution electron microscopy (with local microanalysis), X-ray diffraction, nanoindentation, and wear tests.
Keywordsimplantation nanostructured multicomponent coating microstructure elemental and phase compositions physico-mechanical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Komarov, F.F., Ion beam modification of metals, Philadelphia: Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.Ivasishin, O.M., Pogrebnjak, A.D., and Bratushka, S.N., Nanostructured layers and coatings formed by ion-plasma fluxes in titanium alloys and steels, Kiev, Ukraine: Akademperiodika, 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.Salishchev, G., Tikhonovsky, M.A., Shaysultanov, D.G., Stepanov, N.D., Kuznetsov, A.V., Kolodiy, I.V., Tortika, A.S., and Senkov, O.N., Effect of Mn and V on structure and mechanical properties of high-entropy alloys based on CoCrFeNi system, J. Alloys Compd., 2014, vol. 591, pp. 11–24.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Yakushchenko, I V., Bagdasaryan, A.A., Bondar, O.V., Krause-Rehberg, R., Abadias, G., Chartier, P., Oyoshi, K., Takeda, Y., Beresnev, V.M., and Sobol, O.V., Microstructure, physical and chemical properties of nanostructured (Ti–Hf–Zr–V–Nb)N coatings under different deposition conditions, Mater. Chem. Phys., 2014, vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 1079–1091.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Yakushchenko, I.V., Bondar, O.V., Sobol, O.V., Beresnev, V.M., Oyoshi, K., Amekura, H., and Takeda, Y., The microstructure of a multielement nanostructured (TiZrHfVNbTa)N coating and its resistance to irradiation with Au–ions, Tech. Phys. Lett., 2015, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1054–1057.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Yakushenko, I.V., Bondar, O.V., Sobol, O.V., Beresnev, V.M., Oyoshi, K., Amekura, H., and Takeda, Y., Influence of implantation of Au–ions on the microstructure and mechanical properties of the nano-structured multielement (TiZrHfVNbTa)N coating, Phys. Solid. State, 2015, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1559–1564.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Uglov, V.V., Abadias, G., Rovbut, A.Y., Zlotski., S.V., Saladukhin, I.A., Skuratov, V.A., and Petrovic, S., Thermal sta-bility of nanocrystalline (Ti,Zr)0.54Al0.46N films implanted by He+ ions, Ibid., 2015, vol. 354, pp. 269–273.Google Scholar
- 17.Komarov, F.F., Pogrebnjak, A.D., and Konstantinov, S.V., Radiation resistance of high entropy nanostructural coat-ings (Ti, Hf, Zr, V, Nb)N, J. Techn.Phys., 2015, vol. 85, no. 10, pp. 105–110.Google Scholar
- 18.Fedotov, A.K., Shepelevich, V., Poznyak, S., Tsybulskaya, L., Mazanik, A., Svito, I., Gusakova, S., Zukowski, P., and Koltunowicz, T.N., Simulation of polycrystalline bismuth films Seebeck coefficient based on experimental texture identification, Mat. Chem. Phys., 2016, vol. 177, pp. 413–416.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Demianenko, A.A., Pshik, A.V, Kravchenko, Yu.A., Beresnev, V.M., Amekura, H., Kono, K., Oyoshi, K., Takeda, Y., and Podchernyaeva, I.A., Structural features and physico-mechanical properties of AlN–TiB2–TiSi2 amorphous-like coatings, Ibid., 2015, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 310–321.Google Scholar
- 22.Pogrebnjak, A.D. and Kravchenko Yu.A., Modification of mechanical properties of TiN/Al2O3 and TiN/Cr/Al2O3 coatings using low-energy high-current electron beams, Ibid., 2013, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 105–110.Google Scholar