Structural features and physico-mechanical properties of AlN-TiB2-TiSi2 amorphous-like coatings
The coating of the AlN-TiB2-TiSi2 system has been produced by the magnetron sputtering of a target. At the high-temperature (900 and 1300°C) actions the coating crystallization to form crystallites of sizes 11–25 nm has been observed. It has been defined that the amorphous-like structure is promising for the use of these coatings as diffusion barriers both as the independent elements and a contacting layer in multilayer wear-resistant coatings. It has been shown that the use of the resultant composite as an effective protective coating for cutting tools will make it possible to increase the tools wear resistance by more than 30% at the temperature up to 1300°C in the cutting zone.
Keywordsnanocomposite coating magnetron sputtering phase and elemental compositions microhardness annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Venneman, A., Stock, H.-R., Kohlscheen, J., et al., Oxidation resistance of titanium–aluminum–silicon nitride coatings, Ibid., 2003, vol. 174, pp. 408–415.Google Scholar
- 5.Veprek, S., Veprek- Heijman, M.G.J., Karvankova P., and Prochazka, J., Possible role of oxygen impurities in degradation of nc-TiN/a-Si3N4 nanocomposites, Thin Solid Films, 2005, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. L17–L21.Google Scholar
- 6.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Shpak, A.P., Beresnev, V.M., et al., Structure and properties of nano- and microcomposite coating based on Ti–Si–N/WC–Co–Cr, Acta Phys. Polon. A, 2011, vol. 120, no.1, pp. 100–104.Google Scholar
- 8.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Ponomarev, A.G., Shpak, A.P., and Kunitskii, Yu.A., Application of micro- and nanoprobes to the analysis of small-sized 3D materials, nanosystems, and nanoobjects, Phys.-Usp., vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 270–300.Google Scholar
- 9.Park, I.-W., Choi, S.R., Suh, J.H., et al., Deposition and mechanical evaluation of superhard Ti–Al–Si–N nanocomposite film by a hybrid coating system, Thin Solid Films, 2010, no. 3, pp. 443–448.Google Scholar
- 12.Söderberg, H., Odén, M., Molina-Aldareguia, J.M., and Hultman, L., Epitaxial stabilization of cubic-SiNx in TiN/SiNx multilayers, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2005, vol. 97, no. 11, art. 114327.Google Scholar
- 14.Nguyen, T.D., Kim, S.K., and Lee, D.B., High-temperature oxidation of nano-multilayered TiAlCrSiN thin films in air, Ibid., 2009, vol. 204, no. 5, pp. 697–704.Google Scholar
- 15.Fukumoto, N., Ezura, H., Yamamoto, K., et al., Effects of bilayer thickness and post-deposition annealing on the mechanical and structural properties of (Ti,Cr,Al)N/(Al,Si)N multilayer coatings, Ibid., 2009, vol. 203, pp. 1343–1348.Google Scholar
- 16.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Kravchenko, Yu.A., Kislitsyn, S.B., et al., TiN/Cr/Al2O3 hybrid coatings structure features and properties from combined treatment, Ibid., 2006, vol. 201, pp. 2621–2632.Google Scholar
- 18.Pogrebnjak, A.D., Yakushchenko, I.V., Abadias, G., et al., The effect of the deposition parameters of nitrides of high-entropy alloys (Ti–Zr–Hf–V–Nb)N on their structure, composition, mechanical and tribological properties, J. Superhard Mater., 2013, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 356–368.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Beresnev, V.M., Toryanik, I.N., Sobol’, O.V., et al., The use of the pulse magnetron scattering to produce coatings of the AlN–TiB2–TiSi2 system, J. Techn. Phys., 2014, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 118–122.Google Scholar
- 20.Grigor’eva, I.S. and Meilikhova, E.Z., Fizicheskie velichiny: Sprav. (Physical Magnitudes. Handbook), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1991.Google Scholar