Formation of wear-resistant coatings on silicon probes for atomic force microscopy by thermal vacuum evaporation
- 27 Downloads
The possibility has been shown to modify silicon probes for atomic force microscopes by thin wear-resistant carbide coatings, which leads to the improvements of their operating properties (decreases the probability of appearing artifacts of scanning by 20–22% and increases the probes service life by 45–55%). Optimal conditions for the deposition of such coatings by thermal evaporation in a vacuum with a subsequent low-energy electron-beam microprocessing have been proposed. The quality of deposited coatings has been checked and the tests showed a decrease of the probe surface subroughness by a factor of 15–25 and increase of the microhardness and wear resistance of coatings by a factor of 1.1–1.35.
Keywordssilicon probe atomic-force microscopy thin coating electron-beam microprocessing wear resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mironov, V.L., Osnovy skaniruyushchei zondovoi microskopii (Principles of scanning probe microscopy), Nizhny Novgorod, RF: Institute of Physics of Microstructures, Russian Academy of Sciences, 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Demchenko, A.P., Introduction to fluorescence sensing, Springer Science + Business Media B.V., 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.Bilokon’, C.A., Bondarenko, M.A., Andrienko, V.A., and Antonyuk, V.S., Studies of thin films microhardness by nanoindentation with the use of atomic force microscopy, Proc. 13th Int. Conf. on Quality, standardization, control: theory and practice, Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine: Sept. 30-Oct. 4, 2013, Kiev: 2013, pp. 20–21.Google Scholar
- 4.Antonyuk, V.S., Tymchyk, G.S., Vertsanova, O.V., et al., Mikroskopiya in nanotekhnologiyakh: monografiya (Microscopy in nanotechnologies: monograph), Kiev: NTUU KPI, 2014.Google Scholar
- 5.Vashchenko, V.A., Kanashevych, G.V., Bondarenko, M.O., et al., Tekhnologichni osnovy otrymannya metalizovanykh pokryttiv na vyrobakh mikrooptiky ta nanoelectroniky electronno-promenevym metodom (Technological principles of producing metallized coatings on microoptical and nanoelectronic products by electron-beam method), report on research (MESU) no. DR 0103U003689, Kiev, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Bondarenko, M.O., Study of the effect of low-energy electron flow on the surface microgeometry of piezoceramic elements, in Nauchnyi i proizvodstvenno-prakticheskii sbornik po tekhnicheskim i estestvennym naykam (Scientific and Industrial-Practical Collection on Technical and Natural Sciences), Odessa: Odessa Polytechnic University, 2009, issue 2 (32), pp. 149–153.Google Scholar
- 8.Ageev, O.A., Fedotov, A.A., and Smirnov, V.A., Metody formirovaniya struktur elementov nanoelektroniki i nanosistemnoi tekhniki: Uchebnoe posobie (Methods of the structure formation of elements of nanoelectronics and nanosystem techniques: tutorial), Taganrog, RF: izd. TTI, YuFU.Google Scholar