Monitoring of Drinking Waters for the Content of Bromide, Iodide, Bromate and Iodate Ions
- 7 Downloads
The monitoring of potable artesian waters of the city of Kyiv for bromide, bromate, iodide, and iodate ions as well as of drinking bottled water for bromides and bromates has been carried out. Bromate, iodide and iodate ions were monitored by the established methods and bromide ions—by the developed method. The stability of the chemical composition of artesian waters of the same horizon is noted. On the other hand, the concentration of bromides and iodides varied 3–4 times in pump-rooms feeding on a mixture of waters from aquifers. For waters containing high concentrations of bromides and iodides, ozonation is counter indicated due to hazard of the formation of carcinogenic bromates and iodates. A conclusion was made that it is more expedient to use carbon dioxide treatment for canning and disinfection of such waters.
Keywordsbromides bromates iodides iodates control potable waters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DSTU 7525:2014. Voda pytna. Vymogi ta metody kontrolyuvannya yakosti (DSTU 7525:2014. Drinking water. (Requirements and method of quality control), Kyiv: Mineconomrozvytku Ukrainy, 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.DSTU 4808:2007. Dzherela tsentralizovanogo pytnogo vodopostachannya. Gigienicni ta ecologichni vmogy shchodo yakosti vody i pravyla vybyrannya (Sources of Centralized Drinking Water Supply. Hygienic and Ecological Requirements to Water Quality and Rules of Sampling), Kyiv: Derzhpozhyvstandart Ukrainy, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.Nollet, L.M.L. and De Gelder, L.S.P., Hand Book of Water Analysis [13th ed.], Boca Raton: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 2014.Google Scholar
- 4.DSTU ISO 10304-1-2003. Yakist vody. Vyznachannya rozchynennyh ftorid-, khlorid-, nitrit-, ortofosfat-, bromid-, nitrat-, i sulfat-ioniv meodom ridynnoi kromatografii. Ch. 1. Metod dlya slbkozbrudnenykh vod. (Water Quality. Definition of Weakly Dissolution of Ftorid-, Chlorid-, Nitrit -, Orthophospate-, Bromide-, Nitrate-, and Sulfate Ions by the Method of Solution Chromatography), Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy, 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.DSTU 7148:2010. Yakist Vody. Vyznachennya masovoi kontsentratsii bromate-ioniv khemilyuminestsentnym metodom (Water Quality. Determination of Mass Concentration of Bromate Ions By Chemilulinescent Method), Kyiv: Derzhspozhivstandart Ukrainy, 2010.Google Scholar
- 14.Pilipenko, A.T., Zuy, O.V., and Terletskaya, A.V., J. Anal. Chem., 1983, vol. 38, pp. 1069–1074.Google Scholar