Iron-Bearing Microinclusions in Irghizites
- 8 Downloads
The results are presented from studying the structural phase composition of inclusions in irghizites (tektite-like impact glasses from the Zhamanshin astrobleme). The presence of micron and submicron crystalline iron-bearing minerals is detected. These are spheroids, skeletal aggregates, and crystals of unusual structure and complex composition.
The authors thank V.L. Masaitis for providing the opportunity to work with the collections of the Karpinsky Russian Geological Research Institute; Ya.I. Boiko for his valuable advice and support; K.E. Knizhnik, Director of TOO Zaprudgeologiya (Aktobe, Kazakhstan), for his help in performing our field work; and V.N. Krupko, Director of Omsk Planetarium, for his assistance in planning and executing field expeditions.
This work was performed on equipment at the resource centers of St. Petersburg State University’s Science Park: Diagnostics of Functional Materials for Medicine, Pharmacology and Nanoelectronics; Nanotechnologies; Nanophotonics; Geomodeling; Microscopy and Microanalysis; and X-Ray Diffraction Means of Investigation.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-05-00626 “Magnetic Relaxation in Rocks: Data from Magnetic Granulometry and Electromagnetic Probing”; and by St. Petersburg State University, grant no. 28999531 “For Upward Academic Mobility.”
- 1.Florenskii, P.V., Meteoritnyi krater Zhamanshin (Zhamanshin Crater), Moscow: Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.Danilin, A.N., Masaitis, V.L., and Mashchak, M.S., Geologiya astroblem (Astrobleme Geology), Leningrad: Nedra, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.Boiko, Ya.I., Korobkov, V.F., Baimagambetov, B.K., et al., Ural. Geol. Zh., 2009, no. 6, p. 40.Google Scholar
- 4.Raikhlin, A.I., Contract no. 924 Work Statement, Leningrad, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Raikhlin, A.I., Contract no. 718 Work Statement, Leningrad, 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.Starunov, V.A., Kharitonskii, P.V., Kosterov, A., et al., Proc. 81st Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society, Moscow, 2018, p. 6113.Google Scholar
- 7.Starunov, V.A., Kosterov, A.A., Sergienko, E.S., et al., in Recent Advances in Rock Magnetism, Environmental Magnetism and Paleomagnetism, Nurgaliev, D., Shcherbakov, V., Kosterov, A., and Spassov, S., Eds., Berlin: Springer, 2019, p. 445.Google Scholar
- 9.Florenskii, P.V., Meteoritika, 1977, no. 36, p. 120.Google Scholar
- 18.Mineeva, R.M., et al., Mineral. Zh., 1984, vol. 6, no. 2, p. 30.Google Scholar
- 29.Fel’dman, V.I. and Sazonova, L.V., Petrologiya, 1993, vol. 1, no. 6, p. 596.Google Scholar