Phase Composition, Structure, and Wear Resistance of Electric-Explosive CuO–Ag System Coatings after Electron Beam Processing
- 5 Downloads
Electroerosion-resistant CuO–Ag system coatings are obtained via electric explosive spraying and subsequent electron beam processing for the first time. The coatings are a structurally homogeneous composite material consisting of a silver matrix with copper oxide inclusions. The CuO–Ag system coatings have a wear resistance more than 300% greater than that of copper. The basis of the structural formation of the CuO–Ag system electric-explosive coating is the dynamic rotation of sprayed particles that form a hierarchically organized vortex structure in both the coating and in the upper layers of the substrate, including their interface.
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 18-79-00013; and by the RF Ministry of Education and Science as part of State Task no. 2017/113.
- 2.Gerard, F., Advances in Condensed Matter and Materials Research, New York: Nova Science, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.Talijan, N.M., Zast. Mater., 2011, vol. 52, no. 3, p. 173.Google Scholar
- 7.Bukhanovsky, V., Rudnytsky, M., Grechanyuk, M., et al., Mater. Technol., 2016, vol. 50, no. 4, p. 523.Google Scholar
- 8.Nijssen, R.P.L., Composite Materials: An Introduction, Inholland Univ. Appl. Sci., 2015.Google Scholar
- 10.Romanov, D.A., Moskovskii, S.V., Martusevich, E.A., et al., Metalurgija, 2018, vol. 57, no. 4, p. 299.Google Scholar
- 11.Romanov, D.A., Budovskikh, E.A., Gromov, V.E., et al., Fizicheskie osnovy elektrovzryvnogo napyleniya iznoso- i elektroerozionnostoikikh pokrytii (Physical Foundations of Electroexplosive Deposition of Wear- and Electroerosion-Resistant Coatings), Novokuznetsk: Sib. Gos. Ind. Univ., 2018.Google Scholar
- 17.Matthews, F.L. and Rawlings, R.D., Composite Materials: Engineering and Science, Woodhead, 1999.Google Scholar
- 18.Babichev, A.P., Babushkina, N.A., Bratkovskii, A.M., et al., Fizicheskie velichiny (Physical Quantities), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1991.Google Scholar