Studying the quantum size effect in LiF-based thin films with Ag and Cu nanoclusters
- 20 Downloads
The characteristic energy of distributions of Ag and Cu nanoclusters in LiF-based thin films is estimated from the slope of the I–V characteristic, built in double logarithmic coordinates logI = f (logU). It is shown that the energy states of small clusters lie above the bottom of the conduction band and form a potential barrier, while the energy states of large clusters lie below the bottom of the conduction band and form a potential well. The change in the positions of energy levels along with nanocluster size and the effect of quantum limitations imposed on the electrical and optical properties of the system are confirmed experimentally.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ivanov, N.A., Papernyi, V.L., and Shchepina, L.I., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., 2011, vol. 54, no. 2/2, p. 150.Google Scholar
- 4.Rempel’, A.A., Vestn. Ural. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2010, vol. 32, no. 2, p. 45.Google Scholar
- 6.Lampert, M.A. and Mark, P., Current Injection in Solids, New York: Academic, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.Sell, K., Barke, I., Polei, S., et al., Phys. Status Solidi (b), 2010, vol. 247, no. 5, p. 1087.Google Scholar
- 8.Suzdalev, I.P., Nanotekhnologiya: Fizkhimiya nanoklasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov (Nanotechnology: Physical Chemistry of Nanoclusters, Nanostructures, and Nanomaterials), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2008, 2nd ed., p. 245.Google Scholar