Electron Beam Assisted Deposition of Ni–Al Coatings onto Steel Substrate
- 4 Downloads
We suggest a mathematical model for electron-beam assisted deposition of protective coatings that involves the equations of heat conduction, chemical kinetics, and porosity evolution. The model was numerically applied to the reactive Ni–Al system and theoretical predictions were critically analyzed by comparison with experiment.
Keywords:mathematical modeling electron-beam assisted deposition of coating Ni–Al system intermetallics additive manufacturing
This work was financially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 16-58-00116) and the Russian Science Foundation (grant no. 17-19-01425).
- 2.Aruna, S.T. and Mukasyan, A.S., Combustion synthesis and nanomaterials, Curr. Opin. Solid State Mater. Sci., 2008, vol. 12, nos. 3–4, pp. 44–50. doi ; Cirakoglu, M. and Bhaduri, S.B., Combustion synthesis processing of functionally graded materials in the Ti–B binary system, J. Alloys Comp., 2002, vol. 347, nos. 1–2, pp. 259–265. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8388(02)00499-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cossms.2008.12.002
- 3.Song, X.J., Cui, H.Z., Cao, L.L., and Gulyaev, P.Y., Microstructure and evolution of (TiB2 + Al2O3)/NiAl composites prepared by self-propagation high-temperature synthesis, Trans. Nonferr. Met. Soc. China, 2016, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1878–1884. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(16)64265-6 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Sudheendra, P., Surendranathan, A.O., Udayashankar, N.K., and Choudhari, K.S., Titanium–aluminium intermetallic thin films preparation by dc sputtering and their characterization, Int. J. Mech. Eng., 2012, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 12–17.Google Scholar
- 10.Ma, C., Gu, D., Hong, C., He, B., Chang, K., and Shi, Q., Formation mechanism and microstructural and mechanical properties of in-situ Ti–Ni-based composite coatings by laser metal deposition, Surf. Coat. Technol., 2016, vol. 291, no. 1, pp. 43–53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2016.02.013 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Rykalin, N.N., Zuev, I.V., and Uglov, A.A., Osnovy elektronno-luchevoi obrabotki materialov (Principles of Electron Beam Treatment of Materials), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978.Google Scholar
- 16.Knyazeva, A.G., Pobol, I.L., Gordienko, A.I., Demidov, V.N., Kryukova, O.N., and Oleshchuk, I.G., Simulation of thermophysical and physicochemical processes occurring at coating formation in electron-beam technologies of surface modification of metallic materials, Phys. Mesomech., 2007, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 207–220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physme.2007.08.010 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Aldushin, A.P., Martem’yanova, T.M., Merzhanov, A.G., Khaikin, B.I., and Shkadinskii, K.G., Propagation of the front of an exothermic reaction in condensed mixtures with the interaction of the components through a layer of high-melting product, Combust. Explos. Shock Waves, 1972, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 159–167. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00740444 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Binnewies, M. and Milke, E., Thermochemical Data of Elements and Compounds, New York: Wiley–VCH, 1999.Google Scholar
- 24.Krinitcyn, M., Pribytkov, G., Korzhova, V., and Firsina, I., Structure and properties of composite coatings prepared by electron beam melting with ‘titanium carbide–titanium’ binder, Surf. Coat. Technol., 2019, vol. 358, pp. 706–714. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2018.12.001 CrossRefGoogle Scholar