Thermal Explosion in Mechanochemically Treated Mixtures of Natural Sand with Aluminum Powder
- 14 Downloads
The influence of mechanochemical treatment (MCT) on thermal explosion in compacted blends of natural sand with Al powder subjected to MCT under varied conditions in the presence/absence of modifying agents—graphite and polyvinyl alcohol—was explored. MCT in the presence of modifiers was found to markedly increase a maximum temperature of thermal explosion, to shorten the induction period, and to stabilize the combustion process. Under optimized conditions, the extent of Al consumption attained a value of 96.9%.
KeywordsSHS thermal explosion mechanochemical treatment mechanical activation natural sand aluminum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mansurov, Z.A., Mofa, N.N., Sadykov, B. S., and Shabanova, T.A., Activation of the technological combustion process of oxide systems by different modifying additives, Adv. Ceram. Sci. Eng., 2013, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 106–112. http://www.seipub.org/acse/paper-Info.aspx?ID=5576. Google Scholar
- 2.Mansurov, Z.A., Mofa, N.N., Sadykov, B.S., and Antonyuk, V.I., Mechanochemical treatment, structure, properties, and reactivity of SHS systems based on natural materials: 3. Influence of mechanochemical treatment and modification on technological combustion, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 2014, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 1094–1102. doi 10.1007/s10891-014-1111-4CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Mansurov, Z.A., Mofa, N.N., Sadykov, B.S., and Sabaev, Zh.Zh., SHS production of heat-shield materials from minerals and residual products: Influence of preliminary mechanochemical treatment and modifying agents, Int. J. Self-Propag. High-Temp. Synth., 2016, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 166–172. doi 10.3103/S1061386216030080CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Selyutin, A.G., Shmakov, A.N., Kuznetsov, V.L., Moseenkov, S.I., Dudina, D.V., and Lomovsky, O.I., Characterization of aluminum–carbon composites obtained via mechanical activation of aluminum and carbon nanotubes, Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci. Phys., 2013, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 162–165. doi 10.3103/S1062873813020329CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Karpov, A.V., Vadchenko, S.G., Shchukin, A.S., and Sychev, A.E., Particularities of interphase interaction in composite ceramics based on the system Al–SiO2 in the process of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS), Glass Ceram., 2017, vol. 73, nos. 9–10, pp. 323–327. doi 10.1007/s10717-017-9882-7CrossRefGoogle Scholar