Performance criterion of neural networks learning
- 42 Downloads
The article deals with a new criterion (the wave criterion) of estimating the generalizing ability of a neural network. The theoretical grounding of the criterion is based on Bayes theorem, the methods of cybernetics and synergy. The computing experiments carried out with the databases Fmtrain, Matt, Grng, Ada have proved the criterion to be an effective tool.
Key wordsmachine learning generalization error quality criterion Bayes theorem cybernetics synergy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lawrence, S., Lee, C., and Tsoi, C., Lessons in Neural Network Training: Overfitting May be Harder than Expected, Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI-97 (Menlo Park, 1997), California: AAAI Press, pp. 540–545.Google Scholar
- 3.Vapnik, V., The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory, Springer, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Akaike, H., Information Theory and an Extension of the Maximum Likelihood Principle, Proceeding of 2nd International Symposium on Information Theory Budapest: Akademia Kiado, 1973, pp. 267–281.Google Scholar
- 6.Prigogine, I.R., Arising from the Existing to: the Time and Complexity in the Natural Sciences, M.: University Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Potapov, A.S., Recognition of Images and Machine Perception: The General Approach Based on the Principle of Minimum Length Description, St. Petersburg: Polytechnique, 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.Gorban, A.N., Dunin-Barkowski, V.L., Kirdin, A.N., et al., Neuroinformatics, Novosibirsk: Science. Siberian Enterprise RAS, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.Besekersky, V.A. and Popov, E.P., The Theory of Automatic Adjustment, M.: University Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- 10.Sekerin, A.B., The Method of Assessing the Sustainability Neyronno—Network Models./2005. http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2005/031.pdf.
- 11.Kobozev, N.I., Research for the Thermodynamics of Information and Thinking, Moscow: Moscow State University, 1971.Google Scholar
- 12.Beloglazov, V.V. and Biryuk, N.D., Analysis of the Stability of Parametric Method of Lyapunov Second Circuit, Voronezh. VSU Bulletin, Series Physics, Mathematics, 2003, no. 1.Google Scholar
- 13.Sibert, U.M., Chains Signals System, Moscow: Mir, 1988.Google Scholar