A comparative assessment of specification-based and risk-management-based approaches to the security assessment of complex technical systems
- 51 Downloads
Specification-based organization of security of complex technical systems based on an assignment of margins for the main ways of reaching limit states is considered. We present a computational approach to the organization of security based on risk management and assuming a successive reduction of threats that the technical system is exposed to, and vulnerability towards active threats and damage in the case of failures in complex technical systems.
KeywordsMachinery Manufacture Operation Program Vulnerability Analysis Integral Risk Security Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Makhutov, N.A., Prochnost’ i bezopasnost’. Fundamental’nye i prikladnye issledovaniya (Strength and Safety. Basic and Applied Studies), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Doronin, S.V., Lepikhin, A.M., Moskvichev, V.V., et al., Modelirovanie prochnosti i razrusheniya nesushchikh konstruktsii tekhnicheskikh sistem (Simulation of Strength and Failure of Bearing Structures in Technical Systems), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Elishakoff, I., Safety Factors and Reliability: Friends or Foes?, Dordrecht: Kluwer Acad. Publ., 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Makhutov, N.A., Petrov, V.P., Akhmetkhanov, R.S., et al., Bezopasnost’ Rossii. Analiz riska i problemy bezopasnosti (Security of Russia. Analysis of Risk and Security Problem), part 2: Bezopasnost’ grazhdanskogo i oboronnogo kompleksov i upravlenie riskov (Security of Civil and Defense Sectors and Risk Management), Moscow: MGF “Znanie,” 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.Makhutov, N.A., Petrov, V.P., Reznikov, D.O., et al., Key Parameters Identification for Hazards, Vulnerabilities and Protectability of Critically Important Objects with Respect to Prevailing Hazards of Natural, Anthropogenic and Terrorist Types, in Problemy bezopasnosti i chrezvychainykh situatsii (Security and Emergency Problems), Moscow: VINITI, 2008, no. 2, pp. 34–41.Google Scholar
- 6.Makhutov, N.A. and Reznikov, D.O., The Way to Estimate Technical Systems Vulnerability and Its Place in Risk Analysis Procedure, Probl. Analiza Riska, 2008, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 76–89.Google Scholar
- 7.Shoigu, S.K., Vladimirov, V.A., Vorob’ev, Yu.L., et al., Bezopasnost’ Rossii. Zashchita naseleniya i territorii ot chrezvychainykh situatsii prirodnogo i tekhnogennogo kharaktera (Security of Russia. Population and Territory Protection against Natural and Technogenic Emergencies), Moscow: MGF “Znanie,” 1999.Google Scholar