Macro- and Micromechanics of Pearlitic-Steel Deformation in Multistage Wire Production
- 9 Downloads
Ninefold drawing of pearlitic steel wire is investigated. On the basis of multiscale computer models, the behavior of pearlite colonies at the surface of the wire and in its central layer is analyzed. The key factors are the orientation of the cementite lamellae relative to the drawing axis, the interlamellae distance, and the shape of the cementite inclusions. On the basis of finite-element models, the laws governing the reorientation of the pearlite colonies, change in shape and size of the cementite lamellae, and localization of the deformation in the ferrite are determined. The model results are verified by means of metallographic results and industrial experiments.
Keywordswire drawing pearlitic steel multiscale computer models cementite lamellae lamellae orientation interlamellae distance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hohenwarter, A., et al., Ultra-strong and damage tolerant metallic bulk materials: A lesson from nanostructured pearlitic steel wires, Sci. Rep., 2016, vol. 6. doi 10.1038/srep33228Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, X., Hansen, N., Godfrey, A., and Huang, X., Microstructural evolution, strengthening mechanisms and strength structure relationship in cold-drawn pearlitic steel wire, Proc. 33rd Risø Int. Symp. on Materials Science, Roskilde: Tech. Univ. Denmark, 2012, vol. 33, pp. 407–416.Google Scholar
- 9.Suliga, M., Kruzel, R., Garstka, T., and Gazdowicz, J., The influence of drawing speed on structure changes in high carbon steel wires, Metalurgija (Zagreb, Croatia), 2015, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 161–164.Google Scholar
- 13.Muskalski, Z., Milenin, A., and Kustra, P., The multiscale FEM simulation of wire fracture during drawing of perlitic steel, Mater. Sci. Forum, 2008, vols. 575–578, pp. 1433–1438.Google Scholar
- 14.Milenin, A., Muskalski, Z., Wiewiyrowska, S., and Kustra, P., The multi-scale FEM simulation of the drawing processes of high carbon steel, J. Achiev. Mater. Manuf. Eng., 2007, vol. 23, pp. 71–74.Google Scholar
- 15.Sadeghpour, S., Developing very fine nanopearlitic structure in a high carbon steel wire before drawing, Int. J. Iron Steel Soc. Iran, 2011, vol. 8, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 21.Zolotorevsky, N.Yu., Vasiliev, D.M., and Titovets, Yu.F., X-ray study of microstresses in lamellar pearlite, Mater. Sci. Forum, 2005, vols. 495–497, pp. 1511–1516.Google Scholar