Boundary-Condition Selection in Simulating the Secondary-Cooling Zone in the Continuous-Casting Machine
- 5 Downloads
Methods of specifying the boundary conditions in the secondary-cooling zone of the continuous-casting machine are compared in simulating slab solidification. Experimental data are used to assess the correctness of the models. The results of simulation are different when using the mean heat-transfer coefficient for the section of the continuous-casting machine and the local heat-transfer coefficients for the zones with and without coolant. The modeling results are compared with experimental data for the surface temperature of the continuous-cast ingot at the center of its broad face.
Keywordssolidification computer simulation secondary-cooling zone boundary conditions continuouscasting machine model adaptation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhuravlev, V.A. and Kitaev, E.M., Teplofizika formirovaniya nepreryvnogo slitka (Thermophysics of Formation of a Continuous Ingot), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.Dozhdikov, V.I. and Cherkasov, N.V., Dispersing the structure of steel samples by thermal cycling, Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii “Sovremennyi vzglyad na budushchee nauki” (Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Modern Insight on Prospective Science”), Ufa: Aeterna, 2016, part 4, pp. 102–105.Google Scholar
- 3.Cherkasov, N.V. and Dozhdikov, V.I., Influence of the specific water consumption in the secondary cooling zone on the general parameters of the thermal state of the continuous ingot, Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii “Aktual’nye voprosy nauki i tekhniki” (Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Modern Problems in Science and Technology”), Samara: Innovatsionnyi Tsentr Razvit. Obraz. Nauki, 2016, no. 3, pp. 69–72.Google Scholar
- 4.Cherkasov, N.V. and Dozhdikov, V.I., Influence of secondary cooling parameters on the surface temperature of a continuous ingot, VI Mezhdunarodnaya nauchnoprakticheskaya konferentsiya “Sovremennaya nauka: teoreticheskii i prakticheskii vzglyad” (VI Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Modern Science: Theoretical and Practical Approach”), Ufa: Aeterna, 2016, part 3, pp. 109–113.Google Scholar
- 5.Urbanovich, L.I., Goryainov, V.A., Sevost’yanov, V.V., and Boev, Yu.G., Hydrodynamics and heat transfer during nozzle cooling of a continuously casted ingot, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Chern. Metall., 1980, no. 9, pp. 145–148.Google Scholar