EHF Band Linear Antenna Array Based on Surface Wave Transformation
- 7 Downloads
The experience of using of experimental samples of diffraction radiation antennas shows the need to expand the list of options and modifications of the technical solutions for such antennas. One of variants is the modification of a linear dielectric waveguide for rigidly fixation of the dielectric rod. H-shaped surface-wave waveguides in the form of combination of dielectric rod and rigid metal elements have been proposed for a basic element of diffraction radiation antennas designed for operation in conditions of increased mechanical loads and vibrations at frequencies above 80 GHz. The results of experimental studies of the near-field distribution, radiation patterns, gain and energy losses of the antenna are presented. The obtained results show the effectiveness of the implemented constructive approach. The configuration of the linear antenna grating of diffraction radiation with a modified dielectric waveguide is proposed, which can be applied for the development of scanning antennas in the 80–100 GHz frequency range.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. I. Voskresenskii (ed.), Microwave Antennas and Devices [in Russian] (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1981).Google Scholar
- 2.S. D. Andrenko, Yu. B. Sidorenko, V. P. Shestopalov, “On the issue of the surface wave-to-spatial mode transformation,” DAN USSR, No. 12, 156 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.S. D. Andrenko, N. D. Devyatkov, V. P. Shestopalov, “Millimeter band arrays,” DAN SSSR 240, No. 6, 1340 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Ostankov, S. A. Antipov, K. A. Razinkin, “Optimization of directional and energetic properties of diffraction antenna,” Global J. Pure Appl. Math. 12, No. 4, 3845 (2016). URI: https://www.ripublication.com/gjpam16/gipamv12n4_86.pdf.Google Scholar
- 8.P. N. Melezhik, V. B. Razskazovskiy, N. G. Reznichenko, V. A. Zuykov, S. D. Andrenko, Yu. V. Sidorenko, S. A. Provalov, A. V. Varavin, L. S. Usov, V. M. Chmil, Yu. N. Mus’kin, “Semiconductor coherent Ka-band radar for airport surface traffic monitoring,” Nauka Innov. 4, No. 3, 5 (2008). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15407/scin4.03.005.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.A. A. Vertiy, Yu. K. Sirenko, A. Pavlyuchenko, A. Poyedinchuk, A. Sabyrov, S. S. Sautbekov, N. P. Yashina, “Surface-to-spatial mode conversion by a convex cylindrical diffraction grating: an experimental study,” Telecom. Radio Eng. 75, No. 4, 297 (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1615/TelecomRadEng.v75.i4.20.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.L. Latrach, N. Rihem, H. Hanen, A. Gharsallah, “Parametric and comparative studies of leaky wave image NRDG antenna designed with the ordinary single-layer and the double-layers rectangular image NRD guide,” Int. J. Commun. Antenna Propag. 6, No. 2, 108 (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15866/irecap.v6i2.8325.Google Scholar
- 18.E. M. Guttsait, “Mode types in the H-shaped metal-dielectric waveguide,” Radiotekh. Elektron., No. 2, 310 (1962).Google Scholar
- 19.V. P. Shestopalov, L. N. Litvinenko, S. A. Masalov, V. G. Sologub, Wave Diffraction on Grating Arrays [in Russian] (Izdat. Kharkiv University, Kharkov, 1973).Google Scholar