Algorithm for Transforming Antenna Electromagnetic Near-Field Measured on Spherical Surface into Far-Field Based on Direct Calculation of Stratton and Chu Formulas
- 4 Downloads
This study examines the possibility of direct calculation of vector forms of Kirchhoff’s integral in algorithms of electromagnetic near-field to far-field transformation of antenna harmonic radiation. A simple algorithm based on the integral derived from the Stratton and Chu formulas is proposed for the spherical scanning scheme of electromagnetic near-field. Method errors of the proposed algorithm stipulated by the assumptions made in the process of its derivation are investigated by mathematical simulation. The total error is estimated in experiments on reconstruction of antenna amplitude radiation patterns. For comparison, the results of the classical algorithm performance based on electric field expansion in terms of spherical modes are presented in all experiments. It has been shown that the accuracy of the proposed algorithm in comparison with the classical algorithm is not inferior, the programming complexity is lower, while the execution speed is higher on condition of the reconstruction of radiation pattern only in principal sections.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Potekhin, Certain Problems of Electromagnetic Wave Diffraction [in Russian] (Sov. Radio, Moscow, 1948).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Boesman, D. Pissoort, G. Gielen, G. A. E. Vandenbosch, “Fast and efficient near-field to near-field and near-field to far-field transformation based on the spherical wave expansion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, EMC, 16–22 Aug. 2015, Dresden, Germany (IEEE, 2015), pp. 529–534. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ISEMC.2015.7256218.Google Scholar
- 4.Francesco D’Agostino, Flaminio Ferrara, Claudio Gennarelli, Rocco Guerriero, Massimo Migliozzi, “Two effective approaches to correct the positioning errors in a spherical near-field-far-field transformation,” Electromagnetics 36, No. 2, 78 (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/02726343.2016.1136018.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ole Neitz, Raimund A. M. Mauermayer, Yvonne Weitsch, Thomas F. Eibert, “A propagating plane-wave-based near-field transmission equation for antenna gain determination from irregular measurement samples,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. 65, No. 8, 4230 (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2017.2712180.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ryo Yamaguchi, Yasuko Kimura, Kazuhiro Komiya, Keizo Cho, “A far-field measurement method for large size antenna by using synthetic aperture antenna,” Proc. of 3rd European Conf. on Antennas and Propagation, 23–27 Mar. 2009, Berlin, Germany (IEEE, 2009), pp. 1730–1733. URI: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5067950.Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. V. Krivosheev, A. V. Shishlov, A. K. Tobolev, I. L. Vilenko, “Fresnel field to far field transformation using sparse field samples,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, 28–30 Aug. 2012, Kyiv, Ukraine (IEEE, 2012), pp. 237–242. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/MMET.2012.6331237.Google Scholar
- 17.L. D. Bakhrakh, Yu. A. Kolosov, and A. P. Kurochkin, “Determination of antenna far-field from the values of near-field,” Antenny, No. 24, 3 (1976).Google Scholar
- 21.Yu Ding, Yang Lin, Fu De-Min, Liu Qi-Zhong, “Analysis and simulation of system phase errors in planar near-field measurements on ultra-low sidelobe antennas,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Ultra-Wideband, 20–23 Sept. 2010, Nanjing, China (IEEE, 2010), vol. 1, pp. 1–4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICUWB.2010.5614371.Google Scholar
- 23.W. C. Gibson, The Method of Moments in Electromagnetics, 2nd ed. (CRC Press, 2014). URI: https://www.crcpress.com/The-Method-of-Moments-in-Electromagnetics/Gibson/p/book/9781482235791.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.L. D. Bakhrakh, S. D. Kremenetskii, A. P. Kurochkin, et al., Methods of Parametric Measurements of Radiating System in Near-Field [in Russian] (Nauka, Leningrad, 1985).Google Scholar