Performance of massive MIMO uplink system over Nakagami-m fading channel
- 50 Downloads
This paper studies the performance of massive MIMO uplink system over Nakagami-m fading channel. The performance is measured in terms of spectral efficiency versus the number of base station antennas with different values of the parameter m using two schemes of linear detection; maximum ratio combining (MRC) and zero forcing receiver (ZF). The simulation results show that as m increases, the spectral efficiency increases slowly, but it increases significantly with the rise of the number of base station antennas. It should be also noted that the spectral efficiency with ZF is better than that with MRC.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hien Quoc Ngo, “Performance bounds for very large multiuser MIMO systems,” M.Sc. Thesis (Linköping University, Sweden, 2012).Google Scholar
- 3.Xiang Gao, Fredrik Tufvesson, Ove Edfors, Fredrik Rusek, “Measured propagation characteristics for very-large MIMO at 2.6 GHz,” Proc. of 46th Annual Conf. on Signals, Systems, and Computers, ASILOMAR, 4–7 Nov. 2012, USA (IEEE, 2012). DOI: 10.1109/ACSSC.2012.6489010.Google Scholar
- 4.Alexei Ashikhmin, Thomas L. Marzetta, “Pilot contamination precoding in multi-cell large scale antenna systems,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Information Theory, ISIT, 1–6 Jul. 2012, Cambridge (IEEE, 2012). DOI: 10.1109/ISIT.2012.6283031.Google Scholar
- 5.Eakkamol Pakdeejit, “Linear precoding performance of massive MU-MIMO downlink system,” M.Sc. Thesis (Linköping University, Sweden, 2013), http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:630516/FULLTEXT01.pdf.Google Scholar
- 7.Fredrik Rusek, Daniel Persson, Buon Kiong Lau, Erik G. Larsson, Thomas L. Marzetta, Ove Edfors, Fredrik Tufvesson, “Scaling up MIMO: opportunities and challenges with very large arrays,” IEEE SP Magazine (Signal Processing) 30, No. 1, 40 (Jan. 2013). DOI: 10.1109/MSP.2011.2178495.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.M. Ali, et al., “Massive MIMO for fifth generation wireless system,” B. Sc. Project (University of Ibb, Yemen, 2014).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Q. Ngo, “Massive MIMO: fundamental and system design,” Dissertation (Linköping University, Sweden, 2015), http://liu.se/elliit/artiklar-3/1.681525/MassiveMIMO_FundamentalsandSystemDesigns.pdf.Google Scholar