Objective estimation of the quality of radical noise suppression algorithms
- 20 Downloads
There are compared six noise suppression algorithms with application of objective factors of the speech signal quality, and also with application of through quality factor of the system of automated speech recognition in form of speech recognition accuracy. It is shown that radical noise suppression algorithms are worse than traditional noise suppression algorithms by both restored speech quality and speech recognition accuracy due to essential signal distortion.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Benesty, J. Chen, Y. Huang, I. Cohen, Noise Reduction in Speech Processing (Springer-Verlag, Berlin–Heidelberg, 2009).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Ephraim, D. Malah, “Speech enhancement using a minimum-mean square error short-time spectral amplitude estimator,” IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process. 32, No. 6, 1109 (Dec. 1984), DOI: 10.1109/TASSP. 1984.1164453.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Ephraim, D. Malah, “Speech enhancement using a minimum mean-square error log-spectral amplitude estimator,” IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process. 33, No. 2, 443 (Apr. 1985), DOI: 10.1109/TASSP. 1985.1164550.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Brooks, VOICEBOX: Speech Processing Toolbox for MATLAB, Imperial College London, Electrical Engineering Department, http://www.ee.ic.ac.uk/hp/staff/dmb/voicebox/voicebox.html.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Plapous, C. Marro, L. Mauuary, P. Scalart, “A two-step noise reduction technique,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP, 17–21 May 2004 (IEEE, 2004), Vol. 1, pp. 289–292, DOI: 10.1109/ICASSP.2004.1325979.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Young, G. Evermann, M. Gales, et al., The HTK Book (University Engineering Department, Cambridge, 2009).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Ellis, PLP and RASTA (and MFCC, and inversion) in Matlab, http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/resources/matlab/rastamat/.Google Scholar
- 11.Recommendation P.862 (2001) Amendment 2 (11/05), http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-P.862-200511-I!Amd2/en.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Prodeus, “Calculation of Speech Recognition Quality Factor WB-PESQ in MATLAB,” Proc. of 14th Int. Theoretical and Practical Conf. on New Network Technologies in Ukraine, 17–19 Sept. 2012, Partenit (Science issue Vesnik UNIIS, Kyiv, 2012), pp. 70–76.Google Scholar