Compact CPW-fed tri-band antenna with a defected ground structure for GSM, WLAN and WiMAX applications
- 72 Downloads
In this paper we propose and investigate a unique compact FR4 based CPW-fed tri-band antenna for wireless applications. The antenna comprises frequency shifting strips and a defected ground structure (formed by combining of metallic strips and cutting of an L-shaped slot from the ground). The proposed antenna provides three different impedance bandwidths of 0.57, 0.98 and 1.59 GHz which are sufficient to cover the frequency band of GSM 1800/1900, WLAN 5.5/5.8 GHz and WiMAX applications. The developed antenna has a size of 17-20 mm and operates over frequency ranges 1.50–2.08, 5.25–6.23 and 9.10–10.69 GHz centered at 1.702, 5.802 and 10.102 GHz, respectively. The antenna was designed and simulated using Ansoft HFSS software. The antenna’s characteristics such as reflection coefficient, radiation pattern, impedance bandwidth and VSWR are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Panchatapa Bhattacharjee, Vivek Hanumante, Sahadev Roy, “Design of U-slot rectangular patch antenna for wireless LAN at 2.45GHz,” Proc. of 9th Int. Conf. on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing, ICMARS, 11–14 Dec. 2013, Jodhpur, India (2013), pp. 132–135.Google Scholar
- 11.Marco A. Antoniades, George V. Eleftheriades, “A compact monopole antenna with a defected ground plane for multi-band applications,” Proc. of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Soc. Int. Symp., 5–11 Jul. 2008, San Diego, CA (IEEE, 2008), pp. 1–4, DOI: 10.1109/APS.2008.4620033.Google Scholar
- 13.Wen-Shan Chen, Yen-Hao Yu, “A CPW-fed rhombic antenna with band-reject characteristics for UWB applications,” Microw. J. 50, No. 11, 102 (Nov. 2007).Google Scholar
- 14.Janmoni Borah, Tasher Ali Sheikh, Sahadev Roy, “A study of small CPW-fed dual-band antenna using different dielectrics,” Int. J. Advanced Electronics Commun. Syst. 4, No. 1 (Mar.–Apr. 2015), http://techniche-edu.in/new/ijaecs/index.php/ijaecs/article/view/204.Google Scholar
- 17.Xian-Ling Liang, Shun-Shi Zhong, Xin-An Qu, “CPW-fed monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN application,” Proc. of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Soc. Int. Symp., 9–14 Jul. 2006, Albuquerque,NM(IEEE, 2006), pp. 1001–1004, DOI: 10.1109/APS.2006.1710701.Google Scholar
- 18.Yuan Gao, Ban-Leong Ooi, A. P. Popov, Cheng-Hiong Sing, “Dual-band hybrid antenna for WLAN application,” Proc. of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Soc. Int. Symp., 9–14 Jul. 2006, Albuquerque,NM(IEEE, 2006), pp. 977–980, DOI: 10.1109/APS.2006.1710695.Google Scholar