Electrothermal analysis of GaN power submicron field-effect heterotransistors
- 22 Downloads
Physical processes and self-heating factors of in a power submicron field-effect heterotransistor have been considered. Mathematical models were proposed and the electrothermal analysis of heterotransistor parameters and characteristics was performed. The impact of thermal processes on parameters of the circuit model and the output frequency characteristics of submicron heterotransistor was shown on the basis of analysis of temperature fields. The relationship of the transistor thermal resistance as a function of its geometry and thermophysical parameters has been established.
KeywordsThermal Resistance Boundary Element Method Thermal Model Power Gain Gallium Nitride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. M. Kartashov, Analytical Methods in the Theory of Thermal Conductivity of Solid Bodies (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.G. N. Dul’nev, V. G. Parfenov, A. V. Sigalov, Calculation Methods of Thermal Mode in Semiconductor Devices (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Verzhbitskii, Basics of Numerical Methods (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Zarubin, Engineering Methods of Solving the Heat Conduction Problems (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Samarskii, P. N. Vabishevich, Computational Heat Transfer (Editorial URSS, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Koval’, D. V. Fedasyuk, V. V. Maslov, V. F. Tarnovskii, CAD for Microcircuitry Thermal Design (Vyssh. Shkola, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Mel’nikov, “Calculation of temperature fields in multilayer photodetector structures,” Microsystem Technique, No. 2, 21 (2000).Google Scholar
- 13.K. O. Petrosyants, “Simulation of thermal behavior of electronic components,” Proc. of XII Sci. and Tech. Conf. on Solid State Electronics. Complex Functional Units of REA, Moscow, Russia (MNTORES im. A.S. Popov, 2013), pp. 229–232.Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Moskalyuk, V. I. Timofeev, A. V. Fedyai, Very High-Speed Electronic Devices: Tutorial (NTUU KPI, Kyiv, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.V. I. Timofeyev, E. M. Faleyeva, “Model of heterotransistor with quantum dots,” Semicond. Phys. Quantum Electron. Optoelectron. 13, No. 2, 186 (2010), http://journal-spqeo.org.ua/n2_2010/v13n2-2010-p186-188.pdf.Google Scholar
- 18.V. I. Timofeyev, E. M. Faleyeva, E. V. Semenovskaya, “Thermal analysis of power heterostructure field-effect transistors,” Proc. of IEEE 35 Int. Sci. Conf. on Electronics and Nanotechnology, ELNANO, 21–24 Apr. 2015, Kyiv, Ukraine (IEEE, 2015), pp. 239–241, DOI: 10.1109/ELNANO.2015.7146882.Google Scholar