Methodology of built and verification of non-linear EEHEMT model for GaN HEMT transistor
- 82 Downloads
It is considered a formalized methodology allowing to realize the extraction of the parameters of non-linear EEHEMT model for ultra-high frequency FET on a basis of measured low-signal S-parameters and voltage-current characteristics. We built a model of domestic 0.15 µm GaN HEMT transistor, operating in millimeter wavelength range as an example. Correctness and accuracy of the non-linear model obtained were verified by means of measurement of the output power and load characteristics of the transistor in large-signal operation.
KeywordsPower Amplifier Drain Current Versus Versus Versus Versus Versus Reflection Factor Input Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.D. E. Root, S. Fan, Jeff Meyer, “Technology independent large signal non quasi-static FET models by direct construction from automatically characterized device data,” in Proc. of 21st Eur. Microwave Conf., 9–12 Sept. 1991, Stuttgart, Germany (IEEE, 1991), pp. 927–932, DOI: 10.1109/EUMA.1991.336465.Google Scholar
- 5.Suramat Chalermwisutkul, “Large signal modeling of GaN HEMTs for UMTS base station power amplifier design taking into account memory effects,” Dissert. … Doctor of Philosophy Electrical Engineering (Aachen University, Germany, 2007), 151 p.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Eskanadri, F. T. Hamedani, “Extracting the parameters of an EEHEMT nonlinear model for InP HEMT operating at G-band frequency,” in Proc. of 19th Int. Conf. on Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, MIXDES, 24–26 May 2012, Warsaw (IEEE, 2012), pp. 360–363, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6226221&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D6226221.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Dhar, S. K. Garg, R. K. Arora, S. S. Rana, “Nonlinear design of a C band power amplifier using EEHEMT nonlinear model,” in Proc. of Int. Symp. on Signals, Circuits and Systems, ISSCS 2007, 13–14 July 2007, Iasi (IEEE, 2007), pp. 1–4, DOI: 10.1109/ISSCS.2007.4292658.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Hajji, M. Poulton, D. B. Crittenden, J. Gengler, P. Xia, “GaN-HEMT nonlinear modeling of single-ended and Doherty high-power amplifiers,” in Proc. of 44th European Conf. on Microwave Integrated Circuits, EuMC, 6–9 Oct. 2014, Rome, Italy (IEEE, 2014), pp. 1317–1320, DOI: 10.1109/EuMC.2014.6986686.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Tayrani, “A spectrally pure 5.0 W, high PAE (6-12 GHz) GaN monolithic class E power amplifier for advanced T/R modules,” in Proc. of IEEE Symp. on Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits, RFIC, 3–5 June 2007, Honolulu, HI (IEEE, 2007), pp. 581–584, DOI: 10.1109/RFIC.2007.380951.Google Scholar
- 11.A. P. M. Maas, J. A. Hoogland, “60 GHz GaAs MMIC mixers with integrated LO buffer,” in Proc. of Eur. Symp. on Gallium Arsenide and Other Semiconductor Application, EGAAS, 3–4 Oct. 2005, Paris, France (IEEE, 2005), pp. 465–468, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1637256&url=http%3A%2F%2F ieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D1637256.Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Kokolov, L. I. Babak, “A technique for extraction of HEMT small signal model,” Doklady TUSUR 22, No.7 2, 153 (2010), http://www.tusur.ru/filearchive/reports-magazine/2010-2-1/153.pdf.Google Scholar