Laguerre projection method for finite Hankel transform of arbitrary order
We propose a modification of the projection method for the problem of inverting finite Hankel transform of arbitrary order. In expanding the solution of an integral equation of the first kind, eigenfunctions corresponding to eigenvalues close to the multiple are replaced with Laguerre functions. These functions are eigenfunctions of Hankel transform on the half-line. Our test calculations demonstrated the effectiveness of the elaborated method.
KeywordsHankel transform projection method Laguerre functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Denisov, Introduction to the Theory of Solution of Inverse Problems (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1994) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Krylov and A. V. Lyakishev, “On One Modification of the Projection Method for Solution of an Integral Equation of I Kind,” Prikl. Mat. Inform. (Mosk. Gos. Univ.), No. 6, 95–102 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Barakat, E. Parshall, and B. H. Sandler, “Zero-Order Hankel Transform Algorithms Based on Filon Quadrature Philosophy for Diffraction Optics and Beam Propagation,” J. Opt. Soc. Am., 652–659 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Magni, G. Cerullo, and S. De Silvestri, “High-Accuracy Fast Hankel Transform for Optical Beam Propagation,” J. Opt. Soc. Am., 2031–2033 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.P. K. Gupta, S. Niwas, and N. Chaudhary, “Fast Computation of Hankel Transform Using Orthonormal Exponential Approximation of Complex Kernel Function,” J. Earth System Sci, No. 3, 267–276 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.W. E. Higgins and D. C. Munson, “A Hankel Transform Approach to Tomographic Image Reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imag, 59–72 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.P. K. Suetin, Classical Orthogonal Polynomials (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. Krylov and M. M. Mizotin, “Projection Method for Hankel Transform,” Integr. Transforms Spec. Funct. (2010) (in press).Google Scholar
- 10.E. C. Titchmarsh, Introduction to the Theory of Fourier Integrals (Clarendon, Oxford, 1948; Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1948).Google Scholar
- 11.M. M. Mizotin, A. S. Krylov, and M. A. Spiridonov, “Application of the Projection Method for the Analysis of Structural Dependences of the Surface Layers of Melts,” Rasplavy, No. 5, 18–26 (2009).Google Scholar