National Electronic Libraries of Russia and the United States
- 4 Downloads
Comparison of the National Electronic Library of Russia and the Digital Public Library of America (in terms of the history of creation, main goals, types and subjects of documents, terms of copying documents, digital infrastructure, sources of funding, and accessibility) showed that while the main goals of their creation are similar, they differ in all of the parameters.
Keywords:National Electronic Library NEL Digital Public Library of America DPLA compulsory copy digital library free access
This paper was written in accordance with the state task no. 0003-2019-0001 Scientometric and Bibliometric Analysis of Research Areas and Innovative Technologies, including Models of International and Russian Cooperation.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Arms, V., Elektronnye biblioteki (Electronic Libraries), Moscow: Proizvod.-Izd. Komb. Vseross. Inst. Nauchn. Tekh. Inf., 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Antopol'skii, A.B. and Maistrovich, T.V., Elektronnye biblioteki: Printsipy sozdaniya (Electronic Libraries: Principles of Creation), Moscow: Liberiya-Bibinform, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.Avdeeva, N.V. and Sus’, I.V., National electronic libraries of various countries: Reality and prospects, Inf. Resur. Ross., 2016, no. 2, pp. 15–19.Google Scholar
- 4.National Electronic Library. https://neb.rf/. Accessed May 2, 2019.Google Scholar
- 5.Wikipedia, National Electronic Library. https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/. Accessed May 2, 2019.Google Scholar
- 6.Vaganova, I.A., National information system in the field of arts. On the formulation of the problem, in Nauchnye osnovy i praktika realizatsii tsifrovykh proektov v sfere kul’tury i obrazovaniya: Sb. nauch. trudov (Scientific Foundations and Practice of Implementing Digital Projects in the Field of Culture and Education: Proceedings), St. Petersburg: Prezidentskaya Bibl., 2016, vol. 7, pp. 90–99.Google Scholar
- 7.Library of Congress, Digital Public Library of America to Form New Collaboration, Library of Congress Press Release, 2016, no. 16-207.Google Scholar
- 8.Gore, E., Della Bitta, M., and Cohen, D., The Digital Public Library of America and the National Digital Platform, D-Lib Mag., 2017, vol. 23, nos. 5–6. https://doi.org/10.1045/may2017-gore
- 9.Maistrovich, T.V., Scientific electronic libraries in the context of the task of forming a single information space of knowledge in Russia, in Tsifrovye proekty v sovremennoi informatsionnoi srede: Sb. nauch. trudov (Digital Projects in Modern Information Environment: Proceedings), St. Petersburg: Prezidentskaya Bibl., 2018, vol. 8, pp. 43–50.Google Scholar
- 10.Venkat, M., Libraries without walls? World literature in the digital century, in Recoding World Literature, Fordham: Univ. Press, 2017, pp. 224–225.Google Scholar