Coverage-All Targets Algorithm for 3D Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks Based on the Gravitational Search Algorithm
- 10 Downloads
Aiming at the actual targets coverage scene of targets and sensors in the three-dimensional physical world, in order to use the minimal sensors to cover all the targets, a new coverage-all targets algorithm based on Gravitational Search algorithm (GSA-CT) is proposed. Firstly, from the practical point of view, a 3D coverage-all targets model of WMSNs which based on the spatial position relationship of sensors and targets is established in three-dimensional space. Secondly, in order to avoid randomness of the current order method to determine the minimal number of sensors to cover all the targets, a new fitness calculation method has been proposed. Thirdly, in order to improve solution accuracy, GSA is used as the optimization method of coverage-all targets method. Experimental results show that compared with the other 7 coverage methods for the 9 actual coverage scenarios, the number of sensors required for GSA-CT proposed in this paper is the least, and the method is very stable.
Keywords:Wireless multimedia sensor network coverage-all targets three-dimensional directional perception model gravitational search algorithm
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under grants no. 61501107, and the Education Department of Jilin province science and technology research project of “13th Five-Year” under grants  no. 95. And the Project of Scientific and Technological Innovation Development of Jilin nos. 201750219 and 201750227.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 4.Lu, Y., Zhou, J., and Wan, L., C., Improved method for 2D target coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks, J. Xidian Univ., 2019, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 101–106.Google Scholar
- 6.Fan, X.G., Wang, H., and Hao, X., Algorithm for enhancing coverage ratio in directional sensor networks, Chin. J. Sci. Instrum., 2017, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 368–377.Google Scholar
- 7.Tan, L., Wang, Y.H., Yang, M.H., et al., Three-dimensional space self-deployment algorithm based on virtual force compensation, Chin. J. Sci. Instrum., 2015, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2570–2578.Google Scholar
- 8.Ma, H., Zhang, X., and Ming, A., A coverage-enhancing method for 3D directional sensor networks, INFOCOM.IEEE, 2009, pp. 2791–2795.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, L.J. and Lin, F., Coverage strategy based on genetic algorithm for WSN, Commun. Technol., 2017, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 962–967.Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, Y.J., Bi, X.J., Teng, Z.J., et al., Coverage-all targets algorithm of directional sensor network for three-dimensional perception, J. Jilin Univ. (Eng. Technol. Ed.), 2015, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1671–1679.Google Scholar