Performance Analysis of M2M Traffic in LTE Network Using Queuing Systems with Random Resource Requirements
- 42 Downloads
We analyze a multiserver queuing system, in which customers require a server and a certain amount of limited resources for the duration of their service. For the case of discrete resources, we develop a recurrence algorithm to evaluate the model’s stationary probability distribution and its various stationary characteristics, such as the blocking probability and the average amount of occupied resources. The algorithm is applied to analysis of M2M traffic characteristics in a LTE network cell. We derive the cumulative distribution function of radio resource requirements of M2M devices and propose a sampling approach in order to apply the recurrence algorithm to the case of continuous resources.
Keywords:Queueing system limited resources random requirements recurrence algorithm normalization constant CDF approximation M2M LTE
The publication was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (project no. 2.3397.2017).
- 1.3GPP TS 36.300: Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN) (Release 13).Google Scholar
- 5.Naumov, V., Samouylov, K., Yarkina, N., Sopin, E., Andreev, S., and Samuylov, A., LTE performance analysis using queuing systems with finite resources and random requirements, Proc. of the 7th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems ICUMT-2015 (Brno, Czech Republic), New Jersey, 2015, pp. 100–103.Google Scholar
- 9.Naumov, V.A. and Samouylov, K.E., On the modeling of queuing systems with multiple resources, PFUR Bull., Ser. Inf. Math. Phys., 2014, vol. 3, pp. 58–62.Google Scholar
- 11.Samouylov, K., Sopin, K., and Vikhrova, O., Analyzing blocking probability in LTE wireless network via queuing system with finite amount of resources, 14th International Scientific Conference ITMM-2015, 2015, pp. 393–403.Google Scholar
- 12.Samouylov, K., Sopin, E., and Vikhrova, O., On design of efficient algorithm for blocking probability calculation in queuing system with random requirements, 15th International Scientific Conference, ITMM-2016, 2016, vol. 1, pp. 192–197.Google Scholar