Assessment of CRC error probability at minor distortion of information
- 22 Downloads
The authors of [1, 2] suggested a model of information distortion by white noise. The present work discusses the asymptotic behavior of CRC error probabilities at low values of p, which is the probability of distortion of transferred information bits. On the basis of the theoretical results in two specific protocols—Е1 and ETSI EN 302307—as well as in the examples, the probability values for the error in recognizing the given packet as nondistorted in the presence of at least one distortion are assessed.
Keywordsinformation security CRC error probability minor distortion telecommunication protocols
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baranov, P.A., On the distribution of CRC values in the model of binary noise, Probl. Inf. Bezop., Komp’yut. Sist., 2015, no.2, pp. 47–51.Google Scholar
- 2.Baranov, A.P. and Baranov, P.A., Asymptotic estimates of CRC error probabilities in some telecommunication protocols, Probl. Inf. Bezop., Komp’yut. Sist., 2016, no. 1, pp. 70–75.Google Scholar
- 5.Williams, R.N., The elementary guide to CRC algorithms of error detection, 1993. http://www.info-system. ru/library/algo/crc1.pdf.Google Scholar
- 6.Liddle, R. and Niederreiter, H., Finite Fields, Cambridge University Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.GOST (State Standard) R IEC 870-5-1-95: Remote Control Designs and Systems. Part 5: Formats of Transmitted Frames, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.Dunsmore, B. and Skander, T., Reference Communication Technologies, Williams, 2004.Google Scholar
- 10.ETSI EN 302 307 (DVB-S2), Moscow, 2009. http://stc-spica.ru/files/etsi302307.pdf.Google Scholar