Comparison of modular numbers based on the chinese remainder theorem with fractional values
New algorithms for determining the sign of a modular number and comparing numbers in a residue number system (RNS) have been developed using the Chinese remainder theorem with fractional values. These algorithms are based on calculations of approximate values of fractional values determined by moduli of the system. Instrumental implementations of the new algorithms are proposed and examples of their applications are given. Modeling these developments on Xilinx Kintex 7 FPGA showed that the proposed methods of decrease computational complexity of determining signs and comparing numbers in the RNS compared to that in well-known architectures based on the Chinese remainder theorem with generalized positional notation.
Keywordsresidue number system Chinese remainder theorem modular arithmetic positional characteristic fractional values approximate method generalized positional notation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chervyakov, N.I., Sakhnyuk, P.A., Shaposhnikov, A.V., and Makokha, A.N., Neirokomp’yutery v ostatochnykh klassakh. Uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov (Neurocomputers in Residual Classes. Textbook for High Schools), Moscow: Radiotekhnika, 2003.Google Scholar
- 2.Chervyakov, N.I., Sakhnyuk, P.A., Shaposhnikov, A.V., and Ryadnov, S.A., Modulyarnye parallel’nye vychislitel’nye struktury neiroprotsessornykh system (Modular Parallel Computing Structures of Neuroprocessor Systems), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Szabo, N.S. and Tanaka, R.I., Residue Arithmetic and Its Application to Computer Technology, McGraw-Hill, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.Reddy, K.S., Akshit, S., and Sahoo, S.K., A new approach for high performance RNS-FIR filter using the moduli set, Proc. IEEE Symp. on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE), Penang, Malaysia, 2014, pp. 136–140.Google Scholar
- 9.Gomathisankaran, M., Tyagi, A., and Namuduri, K., HORNS: A homomorphic encryption scheme for cloud computing using residue number system, Proc. IEEE 45th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), 2011, pp. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 13.Molahosseini, A.S., Sorouri, S., and Zarandi, A.A.E., Research challenges in next-generation residue number system architectures, Proc. IEEE 7th International Conference on Computer Science & Education (ICCSE), 2012, pp. 1658–1661.Google Scholar
- 14.Gbolagade, K.A. and Cotofana, S.D., An O(n) residue number system to mixed radix technique, Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2009), 2009, pp. 521–524.Google Scholar
- 16.Chervyakov, N.I., Methods and principles of modular neural computers, in “50 let modulyarnoi arifmetike”. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov (50 Years of Modular Arithmetic. Collection of Scientific Papers), Moscow: OAO Angstrem, MIET, 2005.Google Scholar