How to make a simple tool for verification of real-time systems
- 55 Downloads
To verify real-time properties of UML statecharts one may apply a UPPAAL, toolbox for model checking of real-time systems. One of the most suitable ways to specify an operational semantics of UML statecharts is to invoke the formal model of Hierarchical Timed Automata. Since the model language of UPPAAL is based on Networks of Timed Automata one has to provide a conversion of Hierarchical Timed Automata to Networks of Timed Automata. In this paper we describe this conversion algorithm and prove that it is correct w.r.t. UPPAAL query language which is based on the subset of Timed CTL.
Keywordsverification real time systems statecharts hierarchical automaton timed automaton Computational Tree Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.David, A. and Moller, M.O., From HUppaal to Uppaal: a translation from hierarchical timed automata to flat timed automata, Research Series RS-01-11, BRICS, Department of Computer Science, University of Aarhus, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Lakhnech, M.E. and Siegal, M., Hierarchical automata as model for statechart, Lecture Notes Compt. Sci., 1997, vol. 1345, pp. 187–196.Google Scholar
- 4.Jussila, J., Dubrovin, T., Junttila, T., and Latvala, I., Pores. Model checking dynamic and hierarchical UML state machines, Proc. 3rd Workshop on Model Design and Validation, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.Lilius, J. and Paltor, I., vUML: A Tool for Verifying UML Models Technical Report TUCS-272. Turku Centre for Computer Science, 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.Ober, I., Graf, S., and Ober, I., Validating timed UML models by simulation and verification, Proc. Workshop on Specification and Validation of UML Models for Real Time and Embedded Systems, 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.David, A., Moller, M.O., and Yi, W., Verification of UML Statechart with Real-Time Extensions IT Tech. Rep. 2003-009, Uppsala: Dep. of Information Technology, Uppsala University. 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.Muniz, A.L.N., Andrade, A.M.S., and Lima, G., Integrating UML and UPPAAL for designing, specifying and verifying component-based real-time systems, in Innovation in Software and System Engineering, 2009.Google Scholar
- 15.Chistolinov, M.V., Epatko, I.V., Bahmurov, A.G., Smelyansky, R.L., Zakharov, V.A., Winter, K., and Usenko, Y., Towards a unified toolset for embedded systems development, Proc. Conf. UKRPROG-2000. Problems of Programming, 2000, nos.1–2, pp. 316–322.Google Scholar