Extension of the Minimax method to minimize the energy consumption in real-time embedded systems
- 25 Downloads
The modification and extension of the Minimax method, in which the slack time s ij is determined for the maximum frequency f max, is presented. A way of the determination of f min such that the Minimax method provides the minimum energy consumption is proposed. The possibility and results of the application of the Minimax method in real-time systems with jump-like changes of the supply voltage, as well as in systems with violation of hard deadlines, are demonstrated.
KeywordsMinimax method energy consumption real time optimum frequency hard deadline slack time supply voltage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baums, A., Multi Task Real-Time System Energy Consumption Minimization Using Mini-Max Method, Electron. El. Eng., 2007, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 61–64.Google Scholar
- 4.Yuan, W., and Nahsted, K., Integration of DVS and Soft Real-Time Scheduling for Open Mobile System, Proc. 12th Int. Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 02) (Miami, FL, USA, 2002), Session: Mobile and Wireless System, New York: ACM, 2002, pp. 105–114.Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, H., Ravindran, B., Jensen, E.D., and Li, P., Energy-Efficient Accrual Scheduling under Resource Constraints for Mobile Embedded Systems, Proc. Fourth ACM Int. Conf. on Embedded Software (EMSOFT 04) (Pisa, Italy, 2004), Session: Energy-Aware Systems, New York: ACM, 2004, pp. 64–73.Google Scholar
- 6.Jensen, E.D., Time-Critical Systems, http://www.real-time.org.pdf.
- 7.Drake, M., Saving Energy via Smart Power Management, Power Designer, National Semiconductor Corporation, 2007, no. 118, http://www.national.com/vcm/national3/en-US/resources/power-designer/national-power-designer118.pdf.
- 8.Jain, R., Hughes, C.J., and Adve, V.S., Soft Real-Time Scheduling on Simultaneous Multithreaded Processors, Proc. 23rd IEEE Int. Real-Time Systems Symposium, Austin, TX, USA, 2002, pp. 134–145.Google Scholar