Approximate calculation of the characteristics of multirate systems with inelastic and elastic calls
- 23 Downloads
Models of multirate systems in which inelastic and elastic calls (ie-calls and e-calls, respectively) are jointly serviced are investigated. It is assumed that through the entire service period the iecalls simultaneously occupy b ≥ 1 channels of the system, moreover, all the channels begin and complete servicing of the same ie-call simultaneously. The elastic calls simultaneously occupy m channels, m ≤ m ≤ \(\bar m\), where m and \(\bar m\) are specified quantities, with the service rate being proportional to the number of channels busy servicing e-calls. Models with continuous and discrete band for servicing e-calls are investigated in detail. Effective numerical algorithms for calculating the characteristics of the models are developed and results of computational experiments are presented.
Key wordsmultirate service system inelastic and elastic calls computation algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ross, K.W., Multiservice Loss Models for Broadband Telecommunications Networks, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, Generic Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio Information, ISO/IEC International Standard 13818, November, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, JPEG2000. Part 1. Final Committee Draft Version 1, ISO/IEC International Standard N1646, March, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, Overview of the MPEG-4 Standard, ISO/IEC International Standard N3747, October, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, H., Huang, L., Kumar, S., and Kuo, J.C., Radio Resource Management for Multimedia QoS Support in Wireless Networks, New York: Kluwer Academic, 2004.Google Scholar