Composition of Pore Solutions. A Study Using the Indirect Method of Water Extracts
- 7 Downloads
We have compared quantitative characteristics of the macro- and microcomponent composition of pore solutions in bottom sediments obtained by their direct analysis and those calculated on the basis of the composition of water extracts taking into account water content of the samples. In the result of the study it was shown that the method of water extracts may be used to determine salinity and chemical composition of natural pore waters in low-permeable argillaceous deposits with different lithification rates. It was also shown that an analysis of water extracts does not allow determining the exact composition of the natural pore solution, but may be used for the evaluation (within the measurement error) of chlorine, sodium, and bromine content.
Keywordspore waters bottom sediments water extract rare earth elements
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gurskii, Yu.N., Geokhimiya litogidrosfery vnutrennykh morei. Metody izucheniya i protsessy formirovaniya khimicheskogo sostava ilovykh vod v otlozheniyakh Chernogo, Azovskogo, Kaspiiskogo, Belogo, Baltiiskogo morei (Geochemistry of Litho and Hydrospheres in Internal Seas. Vol. 1: Study Techniques and Processes of Chemical Composition Formation in Ooze Water and in Sediments in the Black, Azov, Caspian, White, and Baltic Seas), Moscow: GEOS, 2003.Google Scholar
- Kazak, E.S., Bogdanovich, N.N., Kazak, A.V., et al., Quantification of residual pore water content and analysis of water extract of the Bazhenov formation samples (Western Siberia), Neft. Khoz., 2017, vol. 4, pp. 48–52.Google Scholar
- Krechetov, P.P. and Dianova, T.M., Khimiya pochv. Analiticheskie metody issledovaniya: Ucheb. posob. (Soil Chemistry. Analytical Methods. A. Tutorial), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 2009.Google Scholar
- Kryukov, P.A., Gornye, pochvennye i ilovye rastvory (Mountain, Soil, and Silt Solutions), Novosibirsk: Nauka, Sib. Otd., 1971.Google Scholar
- Reinik, J., Irha, N., Steinnes, E., et al., Characterization of water extracts of oil shale retorting residues form gaseous and solid heat carrier processes, Fuel Proc. Technol., 2015, pp. 443–451.Google Scholar
- Shishkina, O.V., Geokhimiya morskikh i okeanicheskikh ilovykh vod (Geochemistry of Marine and Oceanic Interstitial Waters), Moscow: Nauka, 1972.Google Scholar