The recent structure of Mahe Island (the Seychelles archipelago)
- 31 Downloads
Complex studies were carried out, including structural and geomorphological analyses of space images and statistical processing of their deciphering results, which revealed the blocky pattern of the recent dislocations of Mahe Island, thus defining their relationships with a jointing pattern in granite outcrops. The results were compared with the geological data and instrumental observations of modern movements.
Keywordsneotectonics structural and geomorphological analysis interpretation of the space images the weak zone the faults the modern movements
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DORIS (Dopper Orbitography and Radiopositioning Integrated by Satellte, 2014. http://ids-doris.org/network/idsstation-series.html#MAHB). Cited August 25, 2014.Google Scholar
- Howell, P., Seychelles through time, in NOVA Online Web. January 26, 2014. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/eden/time/html. Cited July 24, 2014.Google Scholar
- Korotaev, V.N. and Nikiforov, L.G., Coastal geomorphology and sediments of underwater slope, in Ostrova zapadnoi chasti Indiiskogo okeana (Islands in the Western Indian Ocean), Moscow, 1982, pp. 67–94.Google Scholar
- Kostenko, N.P., Geomorfologiya (Geomorphology), Moscow, 1999.Google Scholar
- Sonel, 2014. http://www.sonel.org/spin.php?page=gps&idStation=838. Cited August 12, 2014.Google Scholar