Effects of acute and chronic administration of exorphin C on behavior and learning in white rat pups
- 35 Downloads
We studied the behavior of 21- and 35-day-old white rat pups in the “open field” and the learning of 36- to 41-day-old pups in a maze with food reinforcement. An opioid fragment of wheat gluten exorphin C (YPISL) was injected to pups chronically from day 1 to day 14 of their life or immediately prior to testing. We found that an acute peptide injection did not change animal behavior. The chronic intraperitoneal administration of the peptide at the same dose of 5 mg/kg significantly increased exploratory activity, decreased anxiety, and improved learning. Delayed exorphin C effects were more expressed in female rats.
KeywordsOpen Field Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Naltrexone Exploratory Activity Food Reinforcement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dubynin, V.A., Asmakova, L.S., Sokhanenkova, N.Yu., Bespalova, Zh.D., Nezavibat’ko, V.N., and Kamenskii, A.A., Comparative Analysis of Neurotropic Activity of Exorphins—Natural Derivatives of Food Proteins, Byul. Eksp. Biol. Med., 1998, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 153–157.Google Scholar
- Dubynin, V.A., Malinovskaya, I.V., Ivleva, Yu.A., Andreeva, L.A., Kamenskii, A.A., and Ashmarin, I.P., Dependence of Delayed Behavioral Effects of β-Casomorphin-7 on Age and Sex of Juvenile Albino Rats, Byul. Eksp. Biol. Med., 2000, issue 11, pp. 488–492.Google Scholar
- Dubynin, V.A., Zemskaya, N.Yu., Ivleva, Yu.A., Kamenskii, A.A., Shestakova, S.V., Malinovskaya, I.V., Goncharenko, E.N., Andreeva, L.A., and Myasoedov, N.F., Delayed Neurotropic Effects of β-Casomorphin-7 Chronically Injected to Newborn White Rats, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1999, vol. 164, no. 6, pp. 839–842.Google Scholar
- Malinovskaia, I.V., Dubynin, V.A., Ivleva, Yu.A., Andreeva, L.A., and Kamenskii, A.A., The Delayed Influence of β-Casomorphin-7 (YPFPGPI) on Albino Rat’s Learning Ability, Regul. Peptides, 2000, vol. 89, nos. 1–3, p. 73.Google Scholar
- Rodina, V.I., Krupina, N.A., Kryzhanovskii, G.N., and Oknina, N.B., Multiparametric Method of Complex Assessment of Anxious—Phobic State of Rats, Zh. Vysch. Nerv. Deyat. Im. I.P. Pavlova, 1993, issue 5, pp. 1006–1017.Google Scholar
- Teschemacher, H., Opioid Receptor Ligands Derived from Food Proteins, Curr. Pharm. Des., 2003, issue 16, pp. 1331–1344.Google Scholar