Pixel sensible local band analysis in microscopic chromosome images using CSPA
In chromosome analysis, local band analysis plays the main role to identify the perfect matched chromosome in metaspread images to attain the karyotyping. Literature investigations are narrow in chromosome image band analysis due to the higher complexities. In this paper, Pixel level based Conditional Seed Point Algorithm (CSPA) is proposed. This simulation algorithm separates the weak band region to the strong band region, and the strong band region area evaluated was based on the Region of Seed condition Points. This algorithm works well for different intensity levels and adopts the structural changes to identify the bands in image. This algorithm was simulated in more than 450 individual chromosomes to identify the local bands in the chromosome images and provided the accuracy more than 96%.
Keywordschromosome local bands seed point algorithm karyotyping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Panwar, P. and Gulati, N., Genetic algorithms for image segmentation using active contours, J. Global Res. Comp. Sci., 2013, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 34–37.Google Scholar
- 6.Karvelis, P.S., Fotiadis, D.I., Georgiou, I., and Syrrou, M., A watershed based segmentation method for multispectral chromosome images classification, in Proc. 28 IEEE EMBS Ann. Int. Conf., New York City, 2006, pp. 3009–3012.Google Scholar
- 7.Malyszko, D. and Wierzchon, S.T., Standard and genetic k-means clustering techniques in image segmentation, in IEEE 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications (CISIM’07), 2007, 0-7695-2894-5/07.Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, X., Wen, D., Cui, Y., Cao, X., Lacny, J., and Tseng, C., Computer based karyotyping, in IEEE Third Int. Conf. on Digital Soc., 2009, 978-0-7695-3526-5/09.Google Scholar
- 12.Groen, F.C.A., Kate, T.K., Smeulders, A.W.M., and Young, I.T., Human chromosome classification based on local band descriptors, Pattern Recognition Lett., 1989, pp. 211–222.Google Scholar