Calculation of Electron-Beam Dynamics in a C-Band Accelerator for a Radiotherapy Complex
- 3 Downloads
The dynamics of the electron beam in a C-band linear accelerator, a bremsstrahlung source with a boundary energy switched between 2.5 MeV and 6 MeV, which is intended for stereotactic and three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy in static and rotational modes, was calculated.
Keywords:radiation therapy complex linear electron accelerator electron gun bremsstrahlung target accelerating structure beam dynamics
The authors are grateful to N.V. Shvedunov for development of the construction of electron gun and accelerating structure, to A.S. Simonov for useful discussions and consultations, and to Professor B.S. Ishkhanov and Academician of the RAS V.P. Smirnov for supporting the project.
The results of the calculations were used in the engineering design of the accelerator. The work was done in the framework of the implementation of the agreement between the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and JSC NIITFA of subvention (dated October 3, 2017, no. 14.582.21.0011) Creation and transfer to clinical testing an import-substituting radiotherapy complex based on innovative equipment (a 6 MeV accelerator and a cone-beam tomograph). The unique identifier of the agreement is RFMEFI58217X0014.
- 1.Agreement no. 14.582.21.0011 between the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia and AO NIITFA (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.http://www.varian.com/en-au/oncology/products/treatment-delivery/unique-system.Google Scholar
- 3.https://www.elekta.com/radiotherapy/treatment-delivery-systems/elekta-compact.Google Scholar
- 4.I. M. Lebedenko, O. V. Staroverov, Yu. V. Zhurov, et al., Med. Fiz., No. 1, 15 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Budtov, M. F. Vorogushin, V. A. Shyshov, et al., in Proc. XXII Russ. Particle Accelerator Conf., Protvino, 2010, p. 405.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Yano and Y. Ohkubo, in Proc. XXI Int. Linear Accelerator Conf., Gyeongju, 2002, p. 464.Google Scholar
- 8.https://www.cpii.com/docs/datasheets/291/VMC3109%20datasheet%20120513.pdf.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Tanabe, Y. Fineberg, H. Matsumoto, and T. Shintake, in Proc. XIX Int. Linear Accelerator Conf., Chicago, 1998, p. 627.Google Scholar
- 10.M. El-Ashmawy, M. Vesaka, H. Iijima, in Proc. 14th Symp. on Accelerator Science and Technology, Tsukuba, 2003. http://conference.kek.jp/sast03it/WebPDF/2P055.pdf.Google Scholar
- 11.E. Hirai, K. Tsukuda, Y. Kamino, et al., Mitsubishi Heavy Ind. Tech. Rev. 46, 29 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Yang, S. Kim, S. Jang, et al., in Proc. 1st Int. Particle Accelerator Conf., Kyoto, 2010, p. 3753.Google Scholar
- 14.W. Bai, M. Li, L. Shan, et al., in Proc. 5th Int. Particle Accelerator Conf., Dresden, 2014, p. 2165.Google Scholar
- 16.http://www.toriy.ru.Google Scholar
- 17.TU 6912-001-17697883-2017. C-Band Electron Accelerator for the UELR-6-0.2-D-0.6-1 Mobile Inspection Complex (2017).Google Scholar
- 18.G. A. Loew and J. W. Wang, Part. Accel. 30, 225 (1989).Google Scholar
- 19.W. P. Swanson, Radiological Safety Aspects of the Operation of Electron Linear Accelerators (International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, 1979).Google Scholar
- 20.https://www.cst.com.Google Scholar