Thermal Transformations of Allyl Phenyl Sulfide: A Quantum-Chemical Study
- 2 Downloads
The transformation routes of allyl phenyl sulfide are calculated within the density functional theory (B3PW91/6-31G** quantum chemical approximation). We found that the chair conformation is a transition state of the first stage (the conversion of allyl phenyl sulfide into 6-(prop-2-en-1-yl)cyclohex-2,4-dien-1-thione). The second stage involves the interaction between thione and either allyl phenyl sulfide and allyl thiophenol molecule or with a second thione molecule. The cyclization of allyl thiophenol implies the formation of methyl thiocumaran. The thermal isomerization of allyl phenyl sulfide to propenyl phenyl sulfide is improbable.
Keywords:Claisen thermal rearrangement allyl phenyl sulfide quantum chemical calculations transition state reaction route thermal transformations
This work was performed within the budget theme of Ufa State Petroleum Technical University.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors state that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.Rhoads, S.J. and Raulins, N.R., Org. React., 1975, vol. 22, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Karaulova, E.N., Meilanova, D.Sh., and Gal’pern, G.D., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1957, vol. 113, no. 6, p. 1280.Google Scholar
- 3.Karaulova, E.N., Meilanova, D.Sh., and Gal’pern, G.D., Zh. Org. Khim., 1957, vol. 27, p. 3034.Google Scholar
- 5.Kwart, H. and Schwartz, J.L., J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1969, no. 2, p. 44.Google Scholar
- 6.Mityagin, D.N., Khusnitdinov, R.N., Abdrakhmanov, I.B., and Kantor, E.A., Bashk.Khim. Zh., 2013, vol. 20, no. 2, p. 140.Google Scholar
- 7.Anisimov, A.V., Viktorova, E.A., and Danilova, T.A., Molekulyarnye peregruppirovki seroorganicheskikh soedinenii. Organicheskie sul’fidy (Molecular Rearrangements of Organosulfur Compounds: Organic Sulfides), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.Granovsky, A.A., PC GAMESS. Firefly version 8.2.0. http://classic.chem.msu.su/gran/gamess/index.html.Google Scholar
- 9.Baranovskii, V.I., Kvantovaya mekhanika i kvantovaya khimiya (Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Chemistry), Moscow: Akademiya, 2008.Google Scholar
- 11.Rakhimova, I.M., Klyuchareva, E.V., Dimoglo, A.S., and Kantor, E.A., Bashk.Khim. Zh., 2010, vol. 17, no. 1, p. 65.Google Scholar
- 12.Ershova, E.V., Klyuchareva, E.V., Levashova, V.I., and Kantor, E.A., Bashk.Khim. Zh., 2006, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 124.Google Scholar