HPLC Determination of Glyphosate, Aminomethylphosphonic Acid, and Glufosinate Using a Hypercarb Porous Graphite Adsorbent
A method for the HPLC determination of glyphosate, aminomethylphosphonic acid, and glufosinate using the gradient separation of analytes on a Hypercarb porous graphitized carbon adsorbent and an aqueous solution of ammonium formate and ammonia as a mobile phase is proposed. Analytes are detected using quadrupole and three-quadrupole mass spectrometers. In order to increase the retention of the analytes, the chromatographic column is washed with water before the injection of a sample solution. This procedure results in a three- to fourfold increase in the retention factors of the analytes in comparison with the analogues described in the publications.
Keywordsliquid chromatography mass spectrometry Hypercarb porous graphitized carbon adsorbent glyphosate glufosinate aminomethylphosphonic acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cox, C., J. Pestic. Reform, 1998, vol. 18, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 2.IARC Monographs, vol. 112: Evaluation of Five Organophosphate Insecticides and Herbicides, Lyon: Int. Agency Res. Cancer, 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, L.-Z., Man, Z., Zhou, X., and Qin, F., Direct Analysis of Glyphosate and Similar Pesticides in Oatmeal by UHPLC–MS/MS, Perkin Elmer, 2016.Google Scholar
- 4.GN (Hygienic Standard) 1.2.3111-13: Hygienic Standards for the Concentration of Pesticides in the Environment (List), Moscow, 2013.Google Scholar
- 5.Encyclopedia of Agriculture and Food System, Van Alfen, N.K., Ed., New York: Academic, 2014, p. 96.Google Scholar
- 7.Pereira, L., LC/MS of Glyphosate and AMPA, application note no. 20029, Thermo Fisher Scientific, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.Anastassiades, M., Kolberg, D.I., Eichhorn, E., Benkenstein, A., Lukačević, S., Mack, D., Wildgrube, C., Sigalov, I., Dörk, D., and Barth, A., Quick Method for the Analysis of Numerous Highly Polar Pesticides in Foods of Plant Origin via LC–MS/MS Involving Simultaneous Extraction with Methanol (QuPPe-Method), ver. 8.1, Stuttgart: EU Ref. Lab. Residues Pestic., 2015.Google Scholar